Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

1480.34!!

We are so close I can almost see the photo of the Mr. now! $519.66 to go. We can do it!

We have raised an incredible amount of money for Cancer and I am impressed with all of you and how generous you have been.

I will be accepting donations until this Friday (June 8th) at 2:00pm Central Daylight Savings time. I need to have a total to take to the Relay with me and since we will begin setting up our site at 4:00pm it would be helpful for me to have it all added up and ready to go then. If any donations come in after that, they will still go to the Relay so no worries if you can't donate until Saturday morning. I will be taking the Paypal info down on Sunday after I sleep so that will be the final cut off. Again, all funds donated go to the Relay.

Also, for anyone who has been touched by cancer or has a loved one who is fighting it or has already gone on, you can purchase luminaries for the Relay in your area, which are set up along the track and lit at night. You will be able to choose an inscription for your luminary either in honour of someone fighting, or in memory of someone who is gone. You can also add a little message along with their name. There is more about them on the links and how to purchase one for your area.

Canadian Cancer Society Relay for Life

American Cancer Society Relay for Life I can't find a specific page about the luminaries here, but they are mentioned on the forum somewhere.

Many thanks and blessings to all of you.

We went for a walk the other day and saw these little ones clumped around their Mama. So cute. They were like a tiny choreographed group they swam in all directions touching each other and as close to their Mama as they could get without actually being on her. This is one busy Mama too with nine babies.

Most of the lilacs around here are already starting to turn brown. Mine is as late as I usually am. It wants to sleep in.

4 Comments:

  • Dude. That's impressive.

    If I win the lottery on Weds I'll give you the other $520, myself.

    Um, but maybe you'd better hope someone rich comes along ... *G*

    By Blogger Rabbitch, at 9:41 AM, June 05, 2007  

  • I understand Mr. laughed when he heard your goal. Bet he isn't laughing right now. I hope people have come from my site to donate. I couldn't resist donating again myself. I'd love to see you reach your goal ... and Rabbitch said something about a vision of Mr. wearing your wedding dress posted on your blog as restitution for laughing at ya. Or something like that ;-) LOL, of course that may only be HER vision ... but it would make a great post. tehe

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 9:43 AM, June 05, 2007  

  • I popped in from Knitting in the North. I hope that my donation went through Paypal all right; I'm a bit of a neophyte with it. It's such a good cause; I lost a close friend two years ago (she was 46) so anything I can do in Lexine's memory...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:46 PM, June 05, 2007  

  • i just made a donation for your cause. (sundazed1) good luck!

    By Blogger Nancy @ the Jersey Shore, at 4:12 PM, June 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home