Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Prize patrol sort of.

I finished the hat. The picture shows nothing but a two colour hat that fits. So you'll have to imagine the Wrapped Rib Cable from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury as the black brim then the white is the same spiral decrease as in the Flapper Girl's Twist. My friend likes it as I knew she would. She had admired the Flapper so I made her one of her own but personalized it with a different cable pattern.


Suzanne has very kindly offered up some prizes for my Relay for Life (June 8th, time is running short) draw and if you head over here, you can have a look at them. The yarns look beautiful and her pattern is gorgeous.

We walked a bit this weekend too. Tippy-toed between the raindrops as it were. I figured walking wouldn't hurt me a bit and it might help with the sleeping and the feeling crappy. Although if the dog and child would sleep through the night, that might help with the sleeping and feeling crappy too.

Blueberries-in-waiting.

Strawberries-in-waiting.

5 Comments:

  • Can already taste the fresh fruit!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 PM, May 28, 2007  

  • Yum Blueberries!! Nice Hat! Perspective is everything! From my perspective Whitby is not a major urban centre Toronto is. (I forget that Toronto has sprawled almost all the way across the top of Lake Ontario!!) Hope you can convince your husband to come this way!

    By Blogger Martina, at 2:18 PM, May 28, 2007  

  • Mmmm, fresh blueberries sounds amazing! And I "imagine" that the cabled hat is incredible. :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 3:27 PM, May 28, 2007  

  • Love the hat! You can actually see it pretty well if you click on the photo for the biggie version. Oh, and your cute shower curtain! :)

    By Blogger Sus, at 9:45 PM, May 28, 2007  

  • Oh yummy - just the thought of all these goodie fresh berries made me almsot drool over my keyboard! There's not much more lovely and fun for me in summer than to go picking wild berries - and the occasional mushroom in between - that's such a lovely memory of my childhood and something I still love to do!
    And hey, I love the hat - as Sus said, in the bigger version it can be seen very well, and it's looking good!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 AM, May 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home