Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Drive with me Wednesday.

Due to clouds like this randomly dropping rain as fast as they could before running off and leaving everything soaked through, I did not walk today or yesterday. Yay for rain! The fire ban has been lifted and I am unpacking our bags.

My daffodils are loving the rain.

At the post, I noticed this pincherry tree. That is the best thing about spring. Trees covered in blossoms along the roads and around the lakes.


New Relay for Life Prize!

I managed to find some S.R. Kertzer Truffle 80% virgin wool/20% cashmere (60m/66yds in each ball) for a very decent price. So good in fact, that I am offering these up as prizes to every one who donates no matter the amount. There will be two winners. The first name drawn gets their choice of either the grey or the pink (Oops, the next name gets the two that are left). The grey is more of a smoke colour then it appears and the pink is a soft pale pink.

There is enough here to make a pair of wristers (Fetching comes to mind) or a lace hat. You could even get a thin, lace, jabot style scarf. It is beautiful and so very soft. It has enough wool in it to show off cables really well and enough cashmere to gently hug your hands/neck/head.

The total is still going up and I am loving it. The Relay is in two weeks (June 8th) and our garage sale is next weekend so I am starting on all the baking and mixing for the sale. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

  • Oh, lovely photos! It's so amazing what a little rain does to plants in spring - when we got our long awaited rain last week, everything seemed to pop into the most awesome shades of green in an instant really - stunning to watch!
    Fingers crossed and all the best of luck for the Relay and the garage sale!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 PM, May 23, 2007  

  • Luck! I hope it's all so successful even you're surprised!

    And the Truffle is luscious! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 9:31 PM, May 23, 2007  

  • The stormy sky photo is stunning. I'm so glad you all are getting the rain you need. Your daffodil sure seems happy with it!! Good luck with your fundraising. I wish I weren't so poor right now. :(

    By Blogger Sus, at 7:24 AM, May 24, 2007  

  • Lot's of luck!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 4:35 AM, May 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home