Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Quickie.

Just a note today. It's a long weekend here in Canada. Victoria Day to be precise. For most of the guys around here and many tourists, Opening weekend is it's other name. It's when fishing season reopens. The Mr. is coming home today from his long, cold and wet weekend of camping and fishing on a lake a good boat ride from here. Of course it's also the first long weekend of the warm-ish weather so it is also known as May two-four weekend. When many people camp and drink a two-four of beer. Me, I'm not a camping kind of girl. I will because it's fun for kids and the Mr. like to. I much prefer my creature comforts though. Like a real bed to sleep in and a dishwasher. If I had a giant RV with all that in it, I would camp all the time though.

So, since I have a lot to do today, I am just going to leave you with a small hint of what Girly and I did on Saturday.


I also have a new pattern to share. I love it, especially on Saturday when it was really freaking cold.

4 Comments:

  • I don't do camping either. I'm with ya ... give me a real bed. ;-) It was wet and cold for half of my vacation week here last week. Thank goodness I had plenty to do inside... but I do hope to get my veggie garden done soon. This weekend maybe? Altho we're having a big family cookout on Sunday and there's so much to do on my "To-do list."

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 8:12 PM, May 21, 2007  

  • I'm with you about that camping thing. I just can't get into it. We work so hard to have all the comforts we can afford, and then to give them up for a weekend just doesn't make sense to me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 PM, May 21, 2007  

  • i don't mind camping. i do NOT like camping on sand during the summers here. humidity and grains... oy! but i do like forest camping. i also like coming back.

    enjoy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM, May 23, 2007  

  • I'm not a camping girl either - I did it once and it was a true nightmare. But give me the two-four of beer anytime ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 PM, May 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home