Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mo Rain.

Because I really am cool and down with that. Word.

The rain is still coming and things have suddenly turned green with joy. If this keeps up all day, I can unpack my bags for now. They may even lift the fire ban in time for the long weekend. This Monday is Victoria Day. It's the day we use to celebrate the birthday of the Queen of England. Although we are not an English colony anymore, we still have strong ties to England and her monarchy.

I managed to get a bit of knitting in while staring out the window at the rain. The little bracelet bag got it's inner pocket and now I am working my way up the body.

The green square got finished. Only, the other night when I started it, it was 7" wide. Yesterday when I picked it up to start on it and remeasured, it was 8". How in the crap that happened, I will never know. I'm putting it under swatches lie rather than I can't read a measuring tape while tired.

Sorry about the blurriness of the photos. I didn't have my glasses on when I took them.

Nekkid rain dances always work. Burns God's retinas and makes his eyes water don't you know. Good thing I did it in the dark or the entire neighbourhood would be up for sale this morning. Tout Suite!

Edited to Add: Check out the new Relay total in my sidebar! Awesome! Thanks to a shout out from Cynthia and Rabbitch, I got a good bit of support. If you are unable to donate yourself, a quick note on your blog goes a long way to helping out. Thanks everyone!

4 Comments:

  • I'm down with all of that. I'll see what I can do about sending traffic your way. I'm not wildly well-read, though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 AM, May 15, 2007  

  • You're very welcome. We shall teach your husband that We Do Not Mock The Knitters.

    By Blogger Rabbitch, at 2:39 PM, May 15, 2007  

  • LOL you should come and do some Nekkid rain dance here too. The Australian government paid AUD7000 to a person here to do a nekkid rain dance. Didn't help though we've had the driest month on record.

    By Blogger Helen Knits, at 3:24 PM, May 15, 2007  

  • How great that you finally got rain - what a relief this must have been! And all this beautiful green around you is certainly a very nice and welcome side-effect, isn't it? Talking about green - your square, the pattern as well as this awesome colour, rocks big time!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:12 AM, May 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home