Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Bangle Bag.

It is finished, sort of. I need to figure out where I hid my jar of buttons and if I can't find what I want to use, get some. I am probably going to line it too since it will more than likely stretch out under the weight of all the stuff we like to cram into our bags.

The inside pocket. Because sometimes you want to go out, but you need to bring some stuff you don't want anyone to see. I have to get a couple of buttons to keep the pocket closed. The bag is large enough to put in a set of keys (if you are the Designated Driver), a bus/subway pass, some ID and that bit of your face you can't bear to be without. If you are one of those people under the control of the nicotine, it will also hold a packet of smokes and your lighter.

I added the small straps along with the bangles so you can dig in your purse without having to take off one of the bangles. Not as aesthetically pleasing as it could be, but handy. In the words of Red Green, "If the women don't find you handsome, you might as well be handy."

5 Comments:

  • This is a fun idea! I love that Red Green quote. :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 10:11 AM, May 18, 2007  

  • nice work! like the multiple uses idea. The red green quote is a good one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:34 PM, May 18, 2007  

  • What a clever little bag!

    Sorry I haven't been around much - I wish it was due to Ravelry...but I am on the waitlist.

    I am so happy to see how much you have raised! Way to go. I am off to check out your other blog.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 8:37 PM, May 18, 2007  

  • This is an absolutely awesome bag! No doubt that it'll come in very handy - and mind you, I will *so* write down that Red Green quote - perfect indeed! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:19 AM, May 19, 2007  

  • yes, line the bag! i've learned the hard way. i also just bluff the lining, because... who will see it? perfect place for experimenting. it's very cute. would be a cute (small) party take-away favour.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:04 PM, May 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home