Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Shake a leg.

The hat brim from yesterday had to get ripped. I ran out of yarn before it got big enough to go all the way around my head. So I am starting over and hoping that there will be enough black to mix into the white for a different version of the Flapper Girl's Twist (pattern link in my sidebar). Thing is, it needs to be done by 6:30pm tonight. Good thing it's raining so the children can't pester me into pushing them on the swings until my arms fall off.

I ordered this yarn from Threads in Time in Thunder Bay, Ontario less than two weeks ago. She didn't have it in stock, but she ordered it right away from her supplier in Montreal, Quebec. It arrived here yesterday. That my friends, is service. Sometimes I get so frustrated with the lack of understanding of what good service is up here. (How about stop talking to the person next to me until you are sure I am finished giving you my order, you might not mess it up that way.) Then I find it and it makes me both happy to have found service like I wish all businesses would strive to provide and sad that more businesses just don't bother.


By the way, if you are in the area or planning a visit, Master Knitter, Margaret Duncan will be teaching beginner and lace knitting classes Wednesday evenings from 7:00pm to 9:30pm and giving one day workshops Saturdays 10:00am - 4:00pm. She also does drop in consultations on Tuesdays from 1:00pm - 4:00pm. I think I will be planning another trip to Thunder Bay at the same time as the Mr. goes to rewrite his exam in July or August.

2 Comments:

  • I love hearing of good service! It's sadly so rare these days....

    By Blogger Charity, at 4:02 PM, May 25, 2007  

  • Awww, this is some goodie yarn - it looks so cozy and soft and warm, and I just adore the color! Strangely, I've never been much into red, just in the past, like, 2 months or so my love for it seemed to grow - suddenly I marvel at all the beautiful shades of it and have a real longing to work with red. Hm - why in all the world so suddenly? ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 AM, May 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home