Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Coincidence?

This morning another prize for the Relay draw arrived and it's a beauty. The talented Rabbitch sent me two skeins of some luscious 100% New Zealand wool handdyed by her. She has a shop full of good stuff here. Click on the picture to check out what it's called. I laughed when I saw that. How perfect! Thanks Rabbitch!

It's some good stuff and there is 91m/100yds of 3sts = 1" on 7mm (no US equivalent) needles. Enough for a cozy hat like the Flapper Girl's Twist or a cute bag.

My Relay total rose a little more over the weekend. We are plugging away at it! Our team is having a garage/bake sale this weekend so I hope to be able to add some to that total. I am baking like mad since we just cleared out a ton of stuff and don't have much to add to a garage sale.

I hope to be able to work on this and my ISE 4 scarf in between batches and while bread rises though. The hat is for my sister and her birthday is coming up really darn fast. The ISE 4 scarf must go in the mail before next weekend. Crunch time. Why, oh why must I love procrastinating so much?

Yes, nekkid rain dances are no longer needed. Apparently I did pretty darn good at burning God's retinas since we've had a good bit since then. You know you are in the wetlands when you have a pair of ducks living in your neighbour's ditch and they are hanging out in your yard.

Also all the prayers and wet vibes everyone sent must have had some powerful mojo since all the dandelions are refusing to open this morning.

There must be a good storm moving in if the toughest flower on the planet is saying "Oh hayell, no!"

5 Comments:

  • I think your "nekkid" rain dances have worked for us here too, so keep them up please as we still need much more. lol
    Lucky you, that yarn from Rabbitch looks wonderful.......happy knitting.

    By Blogger Sue H, at 8:18 PM, May 30, 2007  

  • Well done on the fundraising - I'm raising money for Breakthrough Breast Cancer here in the UK so good luck with everything.
    I've found the knitting community are so generous.
    I'll put a link on my blog for you.
    :)

    By Blogger Wendy, at 4:59 AM, May 31, 2007  

  • btw - i donated via Paypal but our Paypal account is in my DH's name so for Jonathan read Wendy!!!!!

    By Blogger Wendy, at 5:03 AM, May 31, 2007  

  • LOVE that hat. (I am so behind on blog reading...and thus, behind on commenting)

    By Blogger Kristy, at 11:01 AM, May 31, 2007  

  • Well done on the fundraising - I'm sure that the sale on the weekend will add quite some more to it - fingers crossed! Oh, and that hat is going to look awesome!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:46 AM, June 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home