Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Restored

Yesterday was a very good day for me. I got a job offer from a local small business run by a friendly acquaintance (someone you know and like but don't hang out with) to work in her shop. I was happy to have a full time job since it looked like the business type ones weren't going to pan out. So yay, job! Then in the afternoon the town called and told me they had decided to hire me for their casual Administrative Assistant position! I go to sign the employment papers this afternoon and while I really hate to disappoint my friend, its a giant step up from where I've been and I will get to add a whole new skill set to my repertoire. So now, yay for grown up job and yay for having the bruised ego soothed! [insert Sally Field impression here]

The Noro scarf is nearly done. I've had to do a bit of juggling between ball 3 and 2 so I can end on the same colour I started. Ball 3 has no green in it though even though it was from the same dyelot. I should have looked more carefully when I bought it. I like it anyway.

The bag sides and bottom are trucking along. The best thing about mosaic knitting, is that the backside lets you pretend you stranded it too.

5 Comments:

  • Congrats on getting 2 jobs!! It's nice to have a choice :)

    By Blogger TJ, at 2:34 PM, October 25, 2007  

  • fantastic news about the jobs - choice *is* nice. The knits look great too - enjoy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 AM, October 27, 2007  

  • You know what drives me bonkers? People who say, "Don't worry; everything will work out for the best." But I most concede that sometimes it does. Congratulations on your success! You deserve it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 PM, October 27, 2007  

  • Yay! Congratulations!
    That is so exciting. When do you start?

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 5:04 PM, October 28, 2007  

  • Congratulations on the new job! And wow, you could even choose from two different ones! I think no one can blame you for deciding for the Administrative Assistant one! All the very best to you, and fingers crossed that everything will work the way you want it to work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:45 AM, October 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home