Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pick-tahs!

The knitting part of my short hiatus. A mattress for Girly's kitty bed. I wanted to use up scraps and didn't think it would be all that hard. Apparently it is. I had to fiddle and add more and more yarns on bigger and bigger needles just to get my yarns to go far enough.

I had to do the same for the blankie. I do like how this looks though. A purple/pink/white dishcloth cotton, Berroco's Mosaic FX, and two white sock yarns held together.

I finished the second side to my Balance Bag. I did the first side quite a while ago and put it down for later. Later took a good bit to come along. It's time now though.

I cast on for the ends and bottom right away. If I wait until later, who knows what year it will get done.

While in Thunder Bay, I dropped into Threads in Time and wanted to buy everything chose this pretty laceweight yarn. There was so much there it was hard to decide what I wanted and if I'd had more money, I think I would have had a hard time packing everything back into my bag. Of course I could have just bought another bag. One of these days I am going to get there and be able to go nuts. In the meantime, good thing there are beauties like this to take home and love.

Someone else got something to love. I got that green chew toy/ball for Apollo on Saturday before I left. It squeaked then. On Tuesday night when we got home, no more squeak. He had chewed on it so much that he flatten the thing that squeaks. He hasn't left it alone yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home