Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

It was a long weekend.

In more than one sense of the phrase. Thursday we packed the Mr. up and drove into Winnipeg. Someone was annoyed that he didn't get to stow away. I may have to get some yarn and make this cat a hideaway.

This is what happens when I knit in the car in the dark. I have gotten as far as I can get with this right now. I have to wait for more yarn to come in and hope that it matches.

Friday on the way home, I checked the mail and there was this. Our Dish Rag Tag box finally made it back to me! We had eleven people on our team and even though the rest of them had ten, we were not dead last. We also came close to beating a couple of U.S. teams. There is still one Aussie team that hasn't finished yet. Apparently their post is as slow as ours.

The lovely Tania stuffed the heck out of the box! I was amazed at how many things you can cram in a Vegetable Thins box. Thank you Tania! The candles smell fabulous. I'm keeping one on my computer desk so I can sniff it often.

I also stopped in to The Painted Sheep (Google Map) in Kenora and found some Noro Silk Garden in a colourway even I could not resist. Still not big on knitting with this stuff, but it does soften up quite a bit after a washing and the colours should be awesome once it's done. I'm doing a simple lacey rib since the yarn will do most of the talking.

I also finally started on a wedding garter for a friend who is getting married on the 20th. Oy. I have to finish up the Snowflake Lace gloves too since they are for her wedding shower on the 14th.

Then there is the rain. Since I am a Canadian, and we've gotten a lot of rain, I really must talk about it. Compulsively. To everyone who comes within earshot of my speaking range. Look! Ducks and the puddle is deep enough that they are swimming. Swimming! Paddling their little feet and not scraping bottom. Good Grief, Charlie Brown.

3 Comments:

  • That is some puddle!

    I love the colour of the Silk Garden - having knit a jacket in it I'm more enamoured of it - it's not as rough as I thought it would be, and it's wonderfully light and warm and snuggly.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM, October 09, 2007  

  • Glad hubby got off okay - you've been busy! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 10:07 AM, October 09, 2007  

  • William Henry tried to pack himself for this trip too!

    Way to go, Team Canada! Vegetable Thins boxes must be sturdier than they look!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:23 PM, October 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home