Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Burn out.

I didn't get the job. It really sucks this feeling like a teenager trying to get her first job. Not enough education, no experience in anything other than the retail/service industry or manufacturing and trying to get an office job. I know that it would be no problem for me to get a job in a store or a restaurant. It would even be no problem to get back on with the mill, but been there done that and I really want something more for myself now. A job with Mon-Fri, daycare friendly hours that's warm in winter and cool in summer. Sigh. I'll keep trying, but yeesh. I sure wish it was easy, this job hunt thing.

This is about how things have been going around here lately. I haven't made any visible progress on anything. Although I did find that 401 stitches in a DK weight yarn on 4mm's would make a fabulously flared swing coat. Too bad I'm not trying to knit a swing coat or a sweater.

This weekend, I did quite a bit of driving here and there. Good thing the highway is purty as all get out.

Colours from ground to sky and leaves falling thick and fast. We are going to sneak over to Grandma and Grandpa's if ever it quits raining and dries up a little so Girly can jump in the leaves. We don't have many in our yard since we don't have many leafy trees. Pine/spruce needles aren't quite the same.

Meantime, we are trying to enjoy Mother Nature's artwork before the show is over.

Even the moon has that harvest glow to it.


Here's to a better week and a successful job interview one of these moons.

6 Comments:

  • Aww - that truly sucks about the job.

    But that moon photo is awesome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 PM, October 01, 2007  

  • I'm sorry about the job. I hope something else turns up.
    I love your photos! The one with the moon is just great!

    By Blogger marit, at 4:24 PM, October 01, 2007  

  • Dorothy, I'm sorry about the job. I know the right one will come along, though. Have you tried a bank?

    By Blogger Charity, at 6:09 PM, October 01, 2007  

  • my stepmom used to tell me (about jobs, boys, you name it) "if not this, something better."

    i hate looking for jobs. every no hurts. even if you don't want the job, a no hurts.

    you'll get one. just keep plugging. just don't let it determine how you think of you. i'd have to slap you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 PM, October 01, 2007  

  • I'm sorry about the job. But the photos are really beautiful and I thank you for sharing them. The one of the moon, especially. Truly great. :)

    By Blogger Sus, at 7:16 PM, October 01, 2007  

  • Oh Dorothy, I'm so sorry about the job! These days it's so hard getting something suitable, there's so many people applying for one job and there's always one among them with better skills, more experience etc etc. But do stick to it, in the end you'll be getting the perfect job, I just know that! I'm having my fingers crossed for you here and sending lots and lots of positive energies over!
    Oh, and thanks for these most beautiful fall pics - what a gorgeous scenery!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 AM, October 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home