Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Comfort and colour.

I was about to swear off sweaters and be happy about it until the Mr. started hinting that he would love to have a nice wool hunting sweater. He wants this one, but I told him if I spent that much money and time on a sweater for him and he came home with blood on it, I would have to cry. A lot. So we settled on this one as a hunting sweater. I'm using Briggs and Little's Super instead of the Bulky Lopi that way the whole thing only cost about $40.00. I will eventually make him the Fair Isle as a good sweater for his non-hunting days off. For some reason, to me, there is nothing so comfortable looking as a grey sweater.

Flounce is nearly done. I have to finish the last strap, add a small bit to the back with some buttonholes and weave in the ends. Girly thought it was great fun trying it on here and there. She sure loves helping Momma.

Things outside are getting more and more colourful.

Driving down the highway is a feast for the eyes and hopefully I can drive it again soon with a working camera to show you. In the meantime, with the crazy misty humidity yesterday and the cold bit of drizzle going on today, this is about as close to a walk as we'll get.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • My hubby's been bugging for a sweater this year, too. Well, he's been bugging for a while now, but I've only just started listening to him. :0)

    The Husband Sweater looks like it will be great, though. The turtleneck will come in handy out in the bush.

    By Blogger Charity, at 2:10 PM, September 19, 2007  

  • You look like you're settling in for the winter!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 7:05 PM, September 19, 2007  

  • Sweater for the Mister! Excellent. The dress for Girly is gonna be smashing. By the way, cotton has an annoying tendency to stretch. If the straps are uncooperative, you could reknit them in fabric stitch. (I'll find the reference if you would like.) Hey, is that a well in the right front corner of the top landscape?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:39 PM, September 20, 2007  

  • Your fall photos are so beautiful - what a wonderful time of the year this is, the colours out there are so inspiring!
    I fully agree about the grey sweater thing, they always look extremely comfortable and yep, I think this version wouldn't lead to a nervous breakdown of yours when your hubby comes home with blood on it ;) Oy! The Fair Isle one is absolutely awesome too, this would be the perfect sweater for good, non-hunting days! He'll love them both, that's for sure!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:15 AM, September 21, 2007  

  • i think you need a photo of flouncy on the mister's thigh. you know. just for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 AM, September 23, 2007  

  • I love the shades of gray that you are using for the Mister's sweater. Just love it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 AM, September 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home