Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Row upon row upon snow.

Okay, so the knitting isn't actually on the snow, but it is getting a row here and there.

I am getting a little nervous about this one. I may not have enough of the purple to finish it and I don't have anymore of it or the label. Plow on, and pray desperately that it will hold out long enough seems to be the order of the day.

Girly's vest is moving along well. I am about halfway through the back and then I need to add sides since it isn't wide enough. Ah well, I'll get it right and by the time I do, it will be nearly unrecognizable from the original pattern. Which means I can post it. Once I write it out. If I get that far.

I've added a bit to this scarf too. Not as much though. I am drawn more to the warm and cozy knitting lately rather than the light and spring-like stuff. Which is odd since it's been such a mild winter this year. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Bring on the mild!

My mystery project is growing little by little. The first part of the pattern is done and I am nearly at the second part. I really love how it's coming out and it's going to be hard to let it go. I may have to not make it in the shape I had had in mind originally. It's coming out really large and I don't know how much it's going to shrink in the felting. Hopefully, a lot. You should see how huge this thing is already and I have two more pattern sections to add to it. Still love it though! Love. It.

I had started this a while back and tucked it into one of my bags. This morning I pulled it out to add a row and behold! I could not.
The ladder wouldn't come out no matter how many stitches I tugged. So out they all came. It's all good though. I wasn't really sure that what I had in mind would work as well as I was hoping it would. On with new ideas.

The snow has been falling. I took this yesterday during yet another snowfall. My poor little garden wells are nearly buried. They aren't real wells. These kind of wells are non-existent around here. At least that I know of. It would be kind of cool if there was one especially since our well water gets so cold.

4 Comments:

  • It's so pretty out!

    I like that spring-y scarf- the colors are so pretty!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 7:44 PM, January 17, 2008  

  • Well, don't you just have a lot of nifty things going on up there? I'm looking forward to seeing all these projects grow!

    I chuckle to consider that our present cold-er snap is probably still warmer than your "mild" winter! We're wussies, I admit.

    By Blogger Sus, at 10:17 AM, January 18, 2008  

  • Aren't you a busy little knitter?! Love the things you're working on, especially the 'springish' one. Hope you're having fun in the snow, I bet girly is.

    By Blogger Maureen, at 6:23 PM, January 18, 2008  

  • mild winter? didn't you say -32?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 AM, January 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home