Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Recap and Relist.

So I dug up last year's things to do this year list. Just to see how I did.

Ten Things to do in 2007

1. Carry my camera everywhere. - Pretty good on this one. I only lost momentum when my good one had to be sent away to get fixed.

2. Quit wearing men's sweat pants in public. Not even to the mailbox or the grocery store. Giant Sorel's don't disguise what they are. - Success! I haven't worn sweats in public all year. I am proud of me. My standards for pride may be a touch on the low side. ;)

3. Start a knitting/crafting group. - Tried it didn't work out. People are too busy not interested in going out in the cold once they've come home from work. Ah well. I didn't flake on it. Good enough.

4. Get outside more often. Unless it is really cold or really wet. Don't feel like it isn't an excuse since I never seem to feel like it. - Um. I parked the car more often and walked from place to place even in the cold. That counts, right?

5. Keep up with the charity knitting. - Not bad. Not as good as I did in 2006, but not bad.

6. Try harder not to put things off until the last minute. This would ensure that I am on time more often. - I've been good about getting there closer to on time or right on time. Partial success.

7. Quit glaring at things and waiting for them to do themselves. Sitting on the couch knitting and getting annoyed at the laundry and dishes for not doing themselves hasn't worked thus far, it probably won't work in the future either. - Apparently hope lives eternal. Although I have spent less time glaring before doing.

8. Try to bake a bit more often. - Not bad on this one. Not as much as I had envisioned when I wrote this list, but a little more is better than less.

9. Try to exercise once in a while. - I parked the car more often. I'm counting it.

10. Start knitting small gifts now so I have a backup stack of stuff for birthdays and Christmas. - This one is pretty damn funny. I was busy knitting other stuff. Someday I will be prepared. It wasn't this year.

Not a bad job on the list.


Tomorrow the new list. I wish each of you a very Happy New Year and an excellent night.

6 Comments:

  • I have to say you did very well on your list! I haven't even gotten around to making one. : )
    I found your blog on Cathy’s (tightly wound~loosely knit) list of Comforting Jenn knitters. Cathy isn’t doing to well, and would like to do something for her. Without giving to much away, can you please email me? You wouldn’t be committing to anything. Thanks so much.
    mistress_stash_enhancer@yahoo.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 PM, December 31, 2007  

  • I love your list! I especially like "take the camera with you" and I might borrow that idea. Your photos are visually stunning.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 PM, December 31, 2007  

  • You did good!

    Happy New Year!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 9:03 AM, January 01, 2008  

  • Happy New Year! Nice work on your list!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 AM, January 01, 2008  

  • A very Happy New Year to you, hubby and wee girly!

    By Blogger Maureen, at 12:39 PM, January 01, 2008  

  • oh, i remembered the sweatpants one. yea you!

    i like your list. i should do the same, but i know i won't be as spot on as you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:09 AM, January 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home