Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Ahh. It's been good.

Today is Family Day and we sure needed it this time around. Between skating lessons, gymnastics and work, a whole day at home without having to go anywhere has been just what the doctor ordered. Peaceful and pyjama'ed with a bit of knitting to make everything right.

I am liking this project. It's looking as good as I had hoped. With over 300 sts per row, it just may kill me though. I did not realize how long it would take to purl one row nevermind work lace on a row that size. Good thing I started it fairly early. I hope.

Just for fun, this is my need-a-break-from-teeny-tiny-yarn project. Because you might as well go from one extreme to the other. Laceweight on size 3.25mm to chunky weight on 38mm needles.

Someone else has decided that she would also like to try out extremes. Her hair was beautiful long. Yesterday morning, she decide that since Momma had been on about taking her to a stylist to get her hair tidied up a little, she would help out. It's going to be a heck of a first haircut at the stylists.

5 Comments:

  • oh dear. Good thing Mama's a knitter because that little neck's gonna be coooooooold.

    By Blogger RobynR, at 3:59 PM, February 18, 2008  

  • Oh, my! Well, at least she cut it at the neck, and not up at the top of her head! :0) What a big change this will be!

    I'm doing the same thing with my knitting - switching back and forth between tiny and thick yarn and needles. I like the contrast.

    By Blogger Charity, at 4:26 PM, February 18, 2008  

  • Oh no!

    It could be worse - a kinder girl in our program cut a chunk of her hair off right above her eyes. To.the.scalp!

    Not much you can do to help that.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 9:47 PM, February 18, 2008  

  • holymoly! i didn't see it at first. i thought it was profile of a ponytail.

    niiiice! i think you should just leave it like that. girly gone rad!

    i hope you post more photos.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:18 AM, February 19, 2008  

  • PeeWee has that new hair do!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 11:41 AM, February 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home