At least something is done-ish around here.
Sigh. I suppose I shouldn't complain because it is really nice not to have to worry about getting my mother here to stay with Girly while I go off to the hospital once labour does start and my SIL does love us, but still. You know.
Anyway! On to better things.
I managed to finish something I can show you. This is the Norwegian Star Earflap Hat by Tiennie Knits As you can see, there are no earflaps. In fact other than the star pattern, there isn't much that is the same. Girly loved it. Especially the pompom.
I have to shrink it so it fits her better, but I really love how the colours look together and the pattern was really easy.
I added stripes above and below the stars. I also added a few rows of garter stitch at the top because I like how it makes the pattern stand out more. This meant I had to omit all the plain rows during the crown decreases which made the crown turn out a bit star shaped. That may be fixable though since I have to shrink it a bit and block.
Rather than thread the yarn through the remaining stitches at the top of the crown, I moved them all to one needle, changed to my contrast colour and knit some I-cord. Then I made a two colour pompom and tied it to the end of the I-cord.
Since the hat came out as big as it has, I haven't added the earflaps. Once I shrink it, I'll see where it stands and add them then if needed.