Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Listen here, Kid!

Me: Time to get out!

The Kid: You said I wasn't going to be born until spring. This doesn't look like spring to me.

Me: Your room is done and sister supervised and approved.

The Kid: Let's see.

Me: The walls are painted and trim is up. Daddy did a pretty good job. He also scraped that popcorn paint crap off the ceiling for you.

Me: You even have a carpet. That's more than your sister has in her room.

Me: See. She got a "new" to her dresser and we re-arranged her furniture, but no carpet.

The Kid: Sorry lady. My rent is paid up to the 10th. I think I'll hang out here until then.

Me: No, come out now!

The Kid: Don't count on it. I'll see once the rent is up. [mutter,mutter]squatter's rights[mutter, mutter...]

Me: Crap. Must have gotten the stubborn from his father.

5 Comments:

  • my mom tried to get me out with a lot of hot salsa. i stayed another month. she, obviously, was mismeasured. i still say have some salsa. it's fun to say.

    salsaaah.

    By Blogger IHateToast, at 4:58 PM, April 04, 2009  

  • Good luck getting that kid to budge! Can't wait to see the pics though!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 6:29 PM, April 04, 2009  

  • You know, the say that some, ahem, *activity* can help... Some candles, sparkling cider, Barry White... ;)

    By Blogger Sus, at 9:28 PM, April 04, 2009  

  • Patience, patience....good things come to those who wait!

    Easy for me to say, right?

    Hope things start happening soon! :)

    By Blogger Maureen, at 10:11 PM, April 04, 2009  

  • Not "stubborn" just "independently minded." It sounds like a strength in character that way.

    PS I am so happy the kid won't be born into a world with popcorn ceiling paint. That stuff is creepy.

    By Anonymous Emily, at 6:34 AM, April 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home