Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sorry, no clever thoughts on a title yet.

Warming Grace squares and washcloth blocking. I'm hoping that I'll be able to stretch the small one a little otherwise, I'll only be able to send two. There's probably enough for one more square on the ball (Lily - Sugar 'n' Cream 100% cotton).


The beginning of the little bag for my sister. I like how soft this yarn is, but my keyboard,lap and hands are covered in little hairs. This may need a bit of a shave after felting to smooth it out and make sure my sister's clothes aren't covered in wool bits. More as it progresses. So far so good, it took Blogger a while to wake up and let me upload these pictures. I'd post my progress, but, I want you to think I'm faster than I really am! :-)


Warming Grace is project to benefit children with cancer in the Alberta Children's Hospital. It was started by Cynthia Crysdale after her niece Grace was diagnosed with leukemia and began treatments. The raditation made her skin so sensitive that Grace began developing irritations from synthetic fibres and she was getting chilled so easily that she needed a blanket to go home in. Unfortunately, not all the costs of treatment are covered by Canada's Medical Insurance and natural fibre blankets can be really costly. Cynthia was hoping to be able to get enough pink 5"x5" squares to make a blanket for Grace. She got so many she decided to expand the project to include as many children as she can. Now you can send in any colour square you like as long as it is made of 100% natural, soft fibres. She even holds draws so that people who contribute can win something. If you would like to make something for her to give away and/or squares, check out her website. Her e-mail is there.
I don't have a better picture of the bag than the ones already shown. It never did stand up on it's own. I'm going to try to get a picture of it stuffed with stuff that can't be seen so you can get a better idea of how it turned out.

2 Comments:

  • Such cute little squares - and the beginning of the bag for your sis seems very interesting already - beautiful colors, but I can imagine your problems with the yarn, I've been using a very similar one a while ago and, like you said, everything was covered with those little hairs! It's gorgeous nonetheless and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished bag!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 AM, June 02, 2006  

  • I love the way the blue wash cloths striped.

    By Blogger buttercup, at 7:47 AM, June 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home