Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

So...?

What do you think? I love it. Girly is going to dress up as Cinderella this year and now she has her coach.


You've got questions, we've got answers.

Jessie asks:

I don't get the daylight savings thing either, but aren't we going OFF it now, so it's back to "normal"?

Yes, we are going off of Daylight Savings Time now. I simply prefer Daylight Savings for the longer evenings. I think my biggest beef is that the changes really don't do a whole lot to benefit the majority of people. Accidents are worst in the spring when the clocks go ahead and the day after the clocks go back since people got to sleep in the first day, they tend to stay awake a bit later that night and get caught tired on Monday. Farmers get up with the sun regardless of what time it comes up since they need daylight for the outdoor chores so saying that it is for them makes no sense either. The cows don't care what time it is, they just know that they need someone to milk them because their udders and full and achy or the animals have empty tummies and won't shut up until they get food. Stuff like that doesn't change from season to season. Anyway...

Secret Pal asks:

So, is that 2-week estimate true for regular mail pieces too, or just for parcels?

Regular mail can take about a week depending on where it's coming from. The big hold up is customs. They need to make sure that what is going through isn't illegal or dangerous and that it has been taxed to the hilt. To speed things up, try to write a list of everything in the box on the box and write gift on it so they know that it is non-taxable.

Dipsy D asks:

My gosh, if you have such a lot of snow now, how do your winters look like?!

We generally get around 1.5m/4.9' of snow over the winter. Usually in 1 to 5cm/.4 to 2" increments. I like how winter looks, but I really hate how cold it gets here. We generally hover around -20*C/-4*F for the majority of December, February and the first part of March. January is the coldest with temperatures hovering in the -30*C/-22*F to -40*C/-40*F range, although it isn't unheard of to get those kind of lows as early as Christmas.

Jen asks:

Hey - meant to ask (speaking of Christmas) - how is your choir group going? Are you still enjoying it? THAT must really get you in a holiday spirit :)

I do feel more holidayish since I joined the choir. It is going very well. I am learning so many new songs. Many of which I had never heard before.

Dorothy asks:

Do you know you can drag photos around in blogger? it can be irksome, but it will let you upload photos in any order, then place them in the correct text spot.

I did not know this. Tell me more, please?

Finally, a request from me.

Please head over to Curly Purly's blog. She is currently asking for people's help for a family friend of hers. Their little boy (The Professor) has a brain tumor. You can read about it in the two posts on the first page of her blog. She has a chemo hat pattern up for sale and a donation button to help the family with all the expenses that go along with an illness like cancer. There is also a contact page so you can help out in other ways if you prefer. I may be contributing a pattern myself. I just need to figure out if it will work and do up the pattern. If you can't help out with money, please consider passing the information on and saying a prayer for him and his family. As a mother whose worst nightmare is Girly being diagnosed with anything serious like this little boy has been, I thank you for anything you can do.

2 Comments:

  • The Cinderella bag is precious. Once again, you do beautiful work!

    When you upload a picture in blogger, it pops up at the top of the composition box. Once it is upload, just click and drag it down into the body of your post.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 2:15 PM, October 29, 2006  

  • I really love how the Cinderella bag is coming along, it's so beautiful!
    Thanks for answering my question - oy, and I thought Austrian winters are cold! Well, they seem similar to yours, but not *that* cold. January is the coldest month here too, but I remember a couple years back when we had -25C, this was a real nightmare and something that hardly ever occurs - fortunately. I couldn't cope with it - not at all ;(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:40 AM, October 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home