Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Welcome to the pity party.

I am sick. I am tired of being sick. It's been nearly a week since I caught Girly's cold and it is kicking my behind hard. It has sapped my will to do most everything including knitting. I wanted to have my seeds counted, packaged and up for sale yesterday. I got nothing done. I'm too tired, achy and miserable to get anything done. I am also maybe feeling very sorry for myself.

There has been a bright spot though. Kristy very kindly offered to make some stitch markers to put up for sale to raise money. The entire price of these will be going to pledge me in the Relay for Life this year. They arrived yesterday and perked me up a little. Aren't they pretty?

There are more. As soon as I can peel my pathetic self off the couch, I'll get everything done and ready to go. There will be many more pictures.

This didn't help with the cabin fever. There is a lot of snow lying around and it is cold again.

Winter seems to have forgotten that we are supposed to be getting spring type weather. I have to admit that I sooked a little when I saw this and realized how damn cold is was outside.

Pretty or not, go away Winter, damn it!

He's a good boy especially when there is food and he might get some.


"Would someone please put a cork in her?"

7 Comments:

  • Spring fever is in the air ... I can't wait for Spring also and sitting in the backyard. Altho, I know there's WORK to do FIRST and still snow on the ground besides. But I want to hear the birds sing and sit and knit in the backyard. Give me a little WINE with that too, please.

    Hope you're feeling better soon.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 11:57 AM, March 20, 2007  

  • I am so sorry to hear that you are sick but oh so super glad that the stitch markers made it there. Great pictures! I knew you would be successful with that.

    Take care of yourself. Put on some beach-y music and think spring and try not to look out the window.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 12:24 PM, March 20, 2007  

  • oh, sorry you are under the weather (figureatively and litterally!) feel better soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM, March 20, 2007  

  • love the last photo. he's part bear!

    sorry you're still struggling. can't you just knit it out? make every bug go with a new stitch?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:36 PM, March 20, 2007  

  • Sad to hear that you are sick, hope this finds you well on the mend. For us, it seems like summer has forgotten to move over for autumn, and I'm so over the heat, AND we desperately need some rain, rain, rain.
    Whose the good boy then? The man or the dog. hehe.

    By Blogger Sue H, at 9:35 PM, March 20, 2007  

  • Head colds can be brutal - take care of yourself.

    The stitch markers are great - what a perfect thing for the Relay for Life. Excellent idea.

    Look at that face - too adorable. Looks so sleepy.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 1:52 AM, March 21, 2007  

  • I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well lately - I'm sending over lots of positive energies and well wishes to you!
    Winter's caught us now here too - right when everyone was so ready for spring and all the flowers were beginning to bloom, duh ;( We got at least 10 inches of snow down here in the valley in the past two days, and it's supposed to continue snowing all week long - double duh. It's time for spring, isn't it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:46 AM, March 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home