Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Pretty yarn.

A whole bag of the good stuff. The yarn I won on eBay arrived and in good time too. Isn't it a pretty colour? So nice, bright and not expensive.

It's a chain construction yarn instead of a twist and it's a different feel than any other yarn I've bought before. It isn't smooth and soft, but it isn't rough and scratchy either.

The colour is rich, fully saturated and beautiful. I am really happy with it.

I knit up a swatch to see how it behaves and I must say, it is very springy and much nicer knit up than in the ball. I am really happy about this yarn. I am most happy that there is enough of it, at a price I can afford, to make this. Scroll down a bit to the pictures. I'm going to jump in the sweater pool, head first.


I was a little nervous about buying on eBay since the Mr. has had three purchases not show up and one show up in used condition even though it was listed as new. This store owner shipped next day and it made it here in 10 working days. Her shipping rates were really good too. I've noticed some sellers really inflate their charges when compared to actual charges (I always allow for having to buy the packaging and insurance too) and the charges were right on par with actual costs.


Girly set up some of her toys for a photo shoot. She says she wants to take pictures of stuff just like Mama.


Edited to Add: I think I've fixed the pictures now. Thanks for the heads up.

7 Comments:

  • i can't see the photos. wah!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM, March 16, 2007  

  • I see the photos just fine. Don't know what's up, but I've noticed Blogger has been a bit wonky the last couple of days. I checked out the sweater you're planning to make with the new yarn -- pretty! It seems very feminine and flirty. Cute! Can't wait to see it in the green.

    By Blogger Sus, at 8:19 AM, March 17, 2007  

  • The only picture showing in your post is the first one of the skein of bright green yarn! Tried to get them to load but to no avail. Just thought you should know. :)

    By Blogger Susanne, at 11:49 AM, March 17, 2007  

  • I am so glad I came back to see the pictures!

    That yarn is really pretty and I am eager to see its sweater destiny. I've used a couple of yarns that have that chain-type construction. It does act a lot differently that your average twisted yarn.

    I hope that you will share when Girly starts taking pictures. "Jr. Photographer" could become a regular feature! :)

    By Blogger Kristy, at 2:10 PM, March 17, 2007  

  • I love the green ... it'll make a great looking sweater!

    Will you be letting girly take the pictures herself? Before you know it, she'll be taking pictures for you and you in them too. You'll be the model!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 6:09 AM, March 18, 2007  

  • Awww, this yarn is totally yummy, the colour rocks big, big time! Good luck with the cardigan - if you'll be running into any kind of problems with my translation, please feel free to give me a holler, will you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 AM, March 18, 2007  

  • Cute sweater! It'll be gorgeous in that green!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 AM, March 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home