Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Walking and knitting.

Yesterday the headache and the squabbling children prompted me to take them outside in the vain hope of calming them down and putting a damper on some of the fighting. After 20 minutes of pottying and dressing, we managed to make our way out of doors for a walk and a play session.

It was nice at around 0*C/32*F and if I had some skis for me and the children, it would have been the perfect conditions for a day out on the cross-country ski hike. Powder snow with a good crust and relatively warm weather.

Although I am still enjoying some of the beauty that winter does so well, I can't help wishing that these wispy wool batting type clouds, were over green grass and 20*C/70*F weather.

I have been pretty housebound for a long time. Last summer the giant wasp nest meant that being outside with the children wasn't relaxing as I had to make sure they stayed well back from the sunflowers. Wasps don't seek people out to attack and only sting when they think they are under attack, but with kids whose reactions are unknown, you can't be too careful. The cold, lack of car seats for children who aren't mine and a night shift Mr. can pretty darn limiting. I am not ready to go back to work, but there are days where I really want to do something and there aren't a whole lot of choices for me in the winter. So snow, go away! I want to have a few more choices!

The Mr's new dickey (heh, she said dickey, heh, heh, heh, heh) looked out the living room window,

then out the kitchen window and

started climbing the walls too.

7 Comments:

  • Oh that 1st picture is so cute! And I notice you kept your distance so you wouldn't have to listen to any squabbling going on. Ah, the peace of winter air ... may Spring come soon with the song of birds.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 12:50 PM, March 09, 2007  

  • Growing up on the west coast where long, snow-filled winters was only a child's dream, I love seeing your pictures. However, when you mentioned that part about '20 minutes of pottying & dressing...'I must say from a mother's perspective, I'm glad I live on the west coast ;) But still, there's no denying your pictures are beautiful!

    Now....as for husband's rather restless new dickey..... oh the comments I could make! I'll leave it to your imagination :)

    By Blogger Maureen, at 2:32 PM, March 09, 2007  

  • In all my days, I've never seen such a mischevious dickey.

    I will hope and pray for an early spring for you...but only if you promise me that you have a stockpile of winter pictures somewhere that I can request over the long, hot, horrible summer.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 4:05 PM, March 09, 2007  

  • I see you aren't the only one climbing the walls! Sorry to hear you are feeling hemmed in - that makes the day soooo long.
    the 1st pic is really sweet - but I feel your pain re: bickering kids.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 9:29 PM, March 09, 2007  

  • that's a tricky dickie.

    now, why did you put so many layers on them. send them out in their smalls. good for 'em!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 AM, March 10, 2007  

  • i love your snow photos!
    and your dickey, heehee, i got to say it too ;-)
    thanks for my selbu compliment!

    By Blogger vanessa, at 7:18 AM, March 10, 2007  

  • My gosh, so much snow! That first picture is absolutely cute, but mind you, I do have my fingers crossed for you that spring will arrive soon over there and you'll be having a couple more choices then!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 PM, March 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home