Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Accessorizing is key.

Santa Cruz, finished! I was feeling a little luggage-y under the eye, so Jezzie most kindly agreed to be photographed with me. I really like how this hat looks in a solid colour with a firmer yarn. Most of the pattern is lost with the Noro though. A very good thing in this case. My hat is rife with mistakes. Noro holds up well to tinking, ripping and saying, the hell with it. Now, what would go well with a Santa Cruz hat?

Why, Santa Cruz wristers! I finished one and should have enough in the ball for another. Getting a pretty little beanie type hat and two wristers from one ball makes me happier about spending so much on it. Note the goosebumps. The winds of change blow frickin' cold.

I made two small modifications to the original pattern repeat which is too hard to see here, but I plan on making this hat and some matching wristers again in a different yarn to better see the pattern in them.

6 Comments:

  • Yay! Don't you love projects that efficiently use yarn so you can justify using really scrumptious fiber?? The best. You're right -- if you made errors, I sure can't see 'em. Perfection is overrated. ;)
    (please remind me of that in the future when I will surely pull my hair out over something).

    By Blogger Sus, at 8:59 AM, March 02, 2007  

  • The hat and wristers look great, is'nt that Silk Garden expensive? but so pretty :)

    By Blogger Barb, at 9:53 AM, March 02, 2007  

  • It took me a minute to get the "luggage" reference...but now I get it!

    I love the beanie in silk garden. And cool wristers too!

    By Blogger Liz K., at 10:52 AM, March 02, 2007  

  • What a great use of one skein of yarn! Love it all! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:52 AM, March 02, 2007  

  • Love the hat and the wristers! The colors are absolutely gorgeous!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:46 PM, March 02, 2007  

  • What a great hat - and the wristers are absolutely awesome, such great colours, and they sure look heavenly warm and cozy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 AM, March 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home