Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hello Snow.

It snowed again, finally. I've been hoping for a lot more snow for quite a while now. I know the firefighters like long and crazy fire seasons so they have lots of work, but the rest of us don't.

The place looks like winter again. In a pretty way instead of in a dull bitterly cold way.

Now, if only another three feet of the stuff would fall. Maybe the lakes would come back up a bit and the bush wouldn't completely dry out by the end of May. I'm pretty sure that the kids wouldn't mind a snow day from school and the parents wouldn't mind a snow day from work either.


One fingerless glove for the Mr. finished. Sam approves and so does the Mr.

Now I hope I can replicate what I did with this one.

5 Comments:

  • We had melty temps today! Hooray!!!

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM, February 20, 2007  

  • The snow is beautiful. I'm so surprised to hear (read) that you are excited about the snow!! :)

    You are getting all slap-happy with the fingerless gloves/mitts. I'm impressed.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 9:33 PM, February 20, 2007  

  • I had to double check your location because from the sounds of things I was thinking you are from the Interior of BC.
    You guys have been plagued by fires too? Well then let's hope for lots more of the white stuff for you!

    Somehow I had never noticed your sidebars before and I just saw 3 patterns I am excited about.

    I am totally going to make the Stained Glass dishcloth. It is gorgeous.

    The 'Allo Guv'nr made me laugh. I have a family friend that has that accent and sadly, we do mock him! Perfect Oliver Twist style mitts. For the Mr. no less!

    Then I saw the Roman Centurion Scarf - I just checked Barbara Walker's book out yesterday and I loved the Roman Stitch. I was thinking of making a square or a dishcloth but now you have me thinking of a scarf...Do you watch Rome? If you do, the Mr's look reminds me of Vorenus. :-D

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 12:50 AM, February 21, 2007  

  • I've given up all hope for snow by now - it's definitely spring outside here, after a winter without any snow... It actually snowed once, like 2 inches, and that was gone in an instant. Oh well - yay for spring, I'd say ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 AM, February 22, 2007  

  • i really like the photo of the snow on the post. looks like popcorn in a way. in the old fashioned kind of movie carton.
    the mr is a good model. 10,000 a day? pay him in snow flakes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 PM, February 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home