Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Send warm, please.

Even the moon is cold.

Warm wishes for it to get anywhere from -10*C (14*F) and up. That would have me singing of heat waves. I'm getting tired of -20*C (-4*F) as the high for the daytime. I can't complain too much about this winter though.

So far I have found a great deal of beauty and interest. More than I have during the winter in a very long time. I have this blog to thank for that. Needing photos of interest has really pushed me to find new ways to appreciate my surroundings. From Snowbows in October, sunsets, heavy mists and thick hoar frost in November to ice storms in December and crazy sun dogs (thanks for that Cate) in January there has been colour and great photo ops this winter. [Click on the lower right corner and drag it to the lower left corner to turn the "pages".]

Know what though, I miss my girls. I am beginning to really wish for planting time.

I am still working on a nice little packet for my seeds, after that, I should be able to start putting them up for sale. Hopefully by the middle of March, sooner if I can get Paypal to play ball.

The Stained Glass Dishcloth is finished and ready for a quick wash. I'd block it, but it's cotton. So I'll just lay flat to dry.

The Thrum mitt is as finished as it is going to get for now. I'll knit the other one and add the thumbs after.

4 Comments:

  • Lovely knitting!

    We are having a snow day here today.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 AM, February 13, 2007  

  • The pictures are great. And the knitting is equally fabulous. Mostly, though, I am so glad to see that you are finding joy in the winter. I remember back in the fall/early winter that you talked about how difficult the winters can be for you. I have been thinking about you, listening to the news about all the snow, etc. and wondering how you are coping. It makes me so happy for you to "hear" you say such warm... ehhh, nice...things about the winter!

    By Blogger Kristy, at 10:58 AM, February 13, 2007  

  • Oh Wow, I love that book widget and turning the pages to see such lovely pictures. I really love the close up ones also ... lots of lovely things can be found when you're looking for them. I learned a lot about my hometown by walking around with a camera. But hey, how'd that sunflower get in there? That you looking for Spring, LOL? Stay Warm!!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 2:07 PM, February 13, 2007  

  • This photo album/book widget is totally stunning, what a fantastic idea!!! And your knitting is so beautiful as always!
    I can't believe you're having such low temperatures over there - but then again, this must be what a "normal" winter feels like. We've been below zero (Celsius, I may add) exactly once (!) this year, and that was some night, definitely not during the day. Strange, strange, strange...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 AM, February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home