Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, February 02, 2007

New project, new technique.

It's Fetching! My very first cable project and so far, so good. I really like this yarn too. I'm using the Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora my SP9 pal, Cate sent me. This is about an hour and a half of messing up, re-knitting and nearly dropping stitches.

Did you know that it is hard to take a good picture of the moon? I've been trying on and off for a while now.

Changing the settings and angles doesn't seem to do a whole lot. I think a tripod would make it easier to keep the camera steady on slow shutter speeds, but not much is helping with the glare.

Last night the moon was huge and combined with the reflection off the snow, it was like twilight out all night. You would never know it from those pictures though. Ah, well. I haven't gotten through all the settings yet. Keep trying.

8 Comments:

  • Your Fetching is looking great -- such a beautiful color!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 AM, February 02, 2007  

  • Your Fetching is looking lovely!

    And how about my amazing predictive skills in choosing a color for you that you would be able to use during the first month of Project Spectrum?

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 AM, February 02, 2007  

  • Love the Fetching - it looks like that yarn is a good fit for the pattern, too! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:00 AM, February 02, 2007  

  • Love the color you're using for Fetching.

    Good try on the picture of the moon!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 11:03 AM, February 02, 2007  

  • I'm with the others: the color of your Fetching yarn is really stunning. It is so exciting for you, trying the cables. I know without a doubt that you will be hugely successful! :)

    By Blogger Kristy, at 12:46 PM, February 02, 2007  

  • That color is truly cool! Love it! And be careful with those cables, girl, they are wicked addictive once you get into them!

    By Blogger Sus, at 12:14 AM, February 03, 2007  

  • I love your moon pics - I agree, it's very hard taking them, but you did a great job! And yay for the Fetchings, this is my all-time-favourite pattern!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:11 AM, February 03, 2007  

  • keep trying for the moon shot. you can do it.

    you'll get the ideal moon shot down before you finish the cable project. race yourself!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:12 PM, February 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home