Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"Walk" with me Wednesday.

Yesterday morning this appeared in the sky.

It didn't seem to have a middle. Just two spikes of colour shooting up into the sky on either side of the rising sun.

Due to the cold all week, I haven't gotten out much for a walk. -25*C (-13*F) is too cold for me. That is the outside of my kitchen window.

There is a bit of snow today. A quick gust made it appear more than it really is in this picture.

So I am hanging out with the wildlife inside. The two children orangutans, two cats elephants, one dog wildebeest and this pretty bird.

This intrepid jungle explorer managed to sneak up on a sleeping elephant.


The Red Scarf knitting progresses. Slowly.

Another interesting project to think about doing. I've printed off the pattern and am planning on casting on after the scarf and the hats are done. If I get ten done in time, I'll send them along with my sign up sheet. If not, she isn't counting on me to come through and there isn't any pressure. I think I need the knitting to not be under pressure for a bit. Time to relax and have fun with it at my own pace.

7 Comments:

  • Hey, I signed up for the knitnotwar too. Maybe we could combine our forces and knit 5 each?

    As for knitting without pressure, I guess you wouldn't be up for this? ...http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2007/01/monkey-launches-international-knit-off.html
    Come on, you know you want to ;)

    By Blogger Maureen, at 11:08 AM, January 24, 2007  

  • That is TOO cold for me to take a walk. Almost too cold for me to exist. Unless I was inside where it's warm knitting of course.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 1:02 PM, January 24, 2007  

  • i had a dream about elephants. it was quite terrifying. there were 20+ with some ornery bulls. not a knitting related comment, but whuddathunkit that i'd read about the elefelinephant? i like your phantypuss much better. such a wee trunk, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 PM, January 24, 2007  

  • The crane is cute :), I joined that International Knit Off that someone listed above :) I tagged you, if you want too do it check out my blog :)

    By Blogger Barb, at 10:04 PM, January 24, 2007  

  • Your photos are real art by now, I'm totally impressed by that great eye for detail that you have! As for snow, I guess my last "Hallelujah" - howl was a bit too early... All of Austria was basically buried in snow - except for my state, the Tyrol. We got a lousy 1 inch. Duh. ;(((

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 AM, January 25, 2007  

  • You need to be very careful when approaching wildlife so closely as in that last picture. It looks tame and perhaps even cuddly, but creatures like that have been known to kill unsuspecting tourists on safari.

    If, tomorrow, nothing is found of you but your camera strap, at least we'll have an idea of what happened.

    Safety first.

    The cold is coming this way (to VT). And me without a finished sweater.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 AM, January 25, 2007  

  • Dorothy, I think the amazing rainbow-things we've been seeing in the early mornings are sun dogs:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 PM, February 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home