Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Knitting?

This morning I got to play with the moon again. I messed around with as much as I can think of to mess with and I think that this is as good as it gets while it is this cold out. If I can, I'll try again during the summer while it is warm out and see if that makes a difference. The moon comes out pretty clear, but the rest of the picture is quite pixel-y. Click to enlarge and you'll see what I mean. I think the moon would come out much clearer if I could figure out how to clear up the rest of the picture. That or this camera just isn't made for super high quality distance shots.

I didn't knit much yesterday. Too many chores to get caught up and finished. The moon checking out my Fetching.

My Fetching checking out the moon. Note that it is only one repeat longer. I'm going to add another repeat, switch colours and knit the palm and most of the thumb in white.

See the fog hanging around the trees in the background of both pictures (easiest to see in the middle one)? That means that it is really f*&#ing cold out.

"You know some people make their beloved cats a Kitty Pi. They don't have to sleep on the laundry in the basket."


Edited to Add: I know that the abandoned train station is privately owned and will cost close to 10 million to fix up to Heritage quality. What I don't understand is why the owner hasn't take it "public" so to speak. If there were investors the money might be raised to fix it and a substantial payoff could result. Some businesses in town could set up kiosks in it as well as a permanent place to have the Farmer's Market and even a small Community theater for all to use. If a small iron/metal work, picket style fence with gates was built along the tracks it would be reasonably safe for supervised children too. As it stands, it is a financial drain on the owner, an eyesore to the town and a poor first impression of Sioux Lookout to passengers traveling west.

Also, an attractive metal work fence around Centennial Park would turn that into an off-leash dog park and eliminate another eyesore problem for the town without causing an uproar like other suggested solutions for that problem have.

4 Comments:

  • Oh, Dorothy. You know if you made your beloved cats a Kitty Pi they would just keep on sleeping on the clean laundry.

    On the other hand, then you would have a fabulous new basket to store your lovely yarn in! Or maybe it would be hijacked for use as a bed for babydolls. One can never tell.

    Your final package went out this morning! There are a few things for Girly in there too. :)

    I was wondering what happened to the thrummed mittens you were talking about when I started reading your blog this fall? What are thrummed mittens anyway? Is this a pattern, or a technique, or? Please enlighten!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 AM, February 06, 2007  

  • I love your moon pictures ... I have too many trees around here to hide the moon from my windows. And it's TOO COLD to go out & look for it, LOL. BTW, there's more than just warmth in your laundry basket you know. Kitty might sleep in the Kitty Pi if you wore it on a foot for a couple of days, hehe. Better yet, sit with you feet in it while you knit and if you leave it & come back it might have a new owner. That would be my plan!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 6:14 PM, February 06, 2007  

  • I for one adore your moon pictures, absolutely - and the same goes for your sweet kitty - I agree with her, a Kitty Pi would be the perfect gift!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:54 AM, February 07, 2007  

  • what is a fetching? your cat is fetching. i understand it as an adjective... is this a curling term? is it part of the curling uniform?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 AM, February 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home