Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Walk with me Wednesday.

Still to cold to walk anywhere so I drove down to a local boat launch and walked from the car to the snowbank in front of it to take a few pictures.

The other side of the train bridge. It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. If it ever warms up again, I'll walk out onto the ice and get a better picture.

A bit of Sioux "Mountain" and the snow machine tracks going out over the ice. Although it has been too cold for them to have much fun at it too.

One more out over the lake and then I was on the verge of frostbite and had to get back in the warm car.



Thanks to this video (there is sound) by Wendy of Wendy Knits, I am cabling without a cable needle! Yessireee! I'm a renegade flying by the seat of my pants. Bad to the bone, I tell you! Sigh, I really need a life or at least to get out more.

Also thanks to her, actually, a comment of hers, you get a really crappy video of me knitting. She thought it would be cool if people took videos of themselves knitting to show how differently we all do the same thing and get the same results. Sort of a there really is no wrong way to knit kind of thing.

I was so busy concentrating on not making a mess of the knitting while keeping it in front of the camera lens that I totally forgot to talk so there is no sound.



Edited to Add: Whups! Sometimes I swear I am a guy. Happy Valentine's Day!

5 Comments:

  • Happy Valentine's Day Dorothy. Very cool silent knitting :)
    I love all your pics of the lake and the cold - reminds me of going to the cottage in the winter as a kid. My grandparents don't go anymore and I miss it - though not so much the extreme cold! Sending you warm thoughts :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:24 AM, February 14, 2007  

  • I didn't get any sound on Wendy's either!!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 11:57 AM, February 14, 2007  

  • Happy Valentines Day to you, too! It looks like you're really enjoying the new camera - I love all the photos! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 12:53 PM, February 14, 2007  

  • Happy Valentine's Day to you, too. Like the movie! Would that be eastern uncrossed knit stitches you were making? Also, are there any Harlot books that you would like to have?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM, February 14, 2007  

  • I love the idea of the movies. I am going to have to try that.
    I tell my Mom that she knits backwards and she says that I don't knit! :-D
    It is amazing the different ways to accomplish the same thing.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 1:25 AM, February 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home