Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

A nice slow morning.

The Mr. got up with the child this morning and I got to sleep in until 9:00am. What a nice way to begin the day. I often thank God I wasn't stupid enough to marry/live with any of my previous boyfriends. If I had, I would not have had it so good. Some of them were pretty selfish and thoughtless. I'm very glad I waited until I was old enough to be wiser about the kind of man I dated and wasn't afraid to dump a nice guy turned into guy who cared more for him then for us. Waiting until I was nearly 30 to get married was the smartest thing for me since I was pretty immature and not nearly as bright as I thought I was. Thank God I retained a basic amount of intuition about who was right and who wasn't until I got smarter.

On to the stuff you came to see.

Last night's ring around the moon confirmed that there is moisture in the air. Melting snow! Yeehaw! Spring may actually show up before May is done. We might get to look for Easter Eggs in the grass instead of the snow banks.

This morning the sun is out and there is definite dripping going on. I see ice forming on the ground here and there which means water was dripping on it. I'm so ready. Santa Cruz is nearly ready too. I'm almost at the decrease rounds now. I'm liking the Noro more now that the colours are blending so well and it is striping effortlessly. I still don't think I would spend that much on the Silk Garden again, but I might on the plain wool if I was doing something where I wanted definite stripes and didn't want to do the work of changing colours.

Someone wasn't happy about being left in the house while the Ma was outside reinforcing the crazy to the neighbours.

5 Comments:

  • Oh my goodness! I didn't recognize your picture of your knitting. I thought it was some sort of native art, an owl or something. I kept going over and over your text trying to figure out why you weren't identifying this thing in the photo. Then - somehow - I recognized it as your knitting and I felt very silly. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:02 PM, March 01, 2007  

  • I appreciate your thoughts on your husband, I got married at 33, though I met the man at 27. I love your multimedia composition in the second photo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM, March 01, 2007  

  • Wow, Santa Cruz is coming along so nicely! And what a great way you used to model it - that's very artsy indeed, just like that awesome pic of the moon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 AM, March 02, 2007  

  • Scale is everything. I honestly thought your outdoor knitting photo was a gigantic sculpture featuring a big ball of yarn inside some kind of evergreen hedge on top of a shed, like something outside the Noro factory. Bigger than the trees, even!

    I think I need more coffee.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 AM, March 02, 2007  

  • Reinforcing the crazy to the neighbours! I love it.
    Cool pic btw - I thought it was an art piece, and in fact it is.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 11:12 AM, March 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home