Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm square.

Well, I was the only one who showed up to the new knitting group last night. I wasn't expecting much since I know this town so well. I was hoping for a little better, but during the week after dark, it's hard to get people out the door. Especially while it is still cold and last night was cold. It worked out though since the restaurant closes at 8:00, not 9:00. Only the takeout is open until 9:00. I wish she has specified when she told me the closing time on Saturday. We'll have to find another venue for next week. Although with such a small attendance, we can go somewhere else without problems. Ah, well, I got to go to something else I had wanted to attend without feeling guilty about ditching something I started.

I've been working on squares for Cindy for a while with the intention of sending a decent size stack of them, but it's taking so long to get them done that I'm going to have to knuckle down and get squaring so I can finish all the ones I want to send.

This one is finished now. Misti Cotton Silk, in Roman Stripes (Barbara Walker #2).

This one needs to be ripped and restarted. It's three stitches too wide. Good thing they're quick.

I wound the Cherry Tree Hill and started Girly's boa last night, but I wasn't happy with the square end on it so I ripped (surprisingly easy with this stuff) and will start again when I'm finished with the squares.

The snow has melted quite a bit. It's pockmarked and very crunchy now.

The top melts during the day and freezes again at night to create a pretty crystalline top.

4 Comments:

  • I'm sending you warm, fuzzy thoughts for getting more squares completed. What a nice project!! Good for you that you're participating.

    Sorry about your knitting group. I hope it takes off. I should join one of those. If I lived there, I'd come! :)

    By Blogger Sus, at 9:19 AM, March 15, 2007  

  • Sorry to hear you didn't get a response to the new group - hang in there, though, and it will come! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:44 AM, March 15, 2007  

  • This last snow pic looks so much like what I've skied in yesterday - this is definitely the perfect snow to break your ankle in an instant when you do a wrong turn. Oy!
    I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out with your new group - but as Charity said, hang in there, and to quote "Field of Dreams": "People will come!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 AM, March 16, 2007  

  • Keep working on the knitting group. Once the nice weather is there, someone will show up and then it'll become a regular happening when others hear about it. We have some slow days when only 4 people are there and then other weeks the room is full. This week was the 1st time I couldn't go ... and I sure missed it. Happy knitting!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 6:16 AM, March 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home