Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Our weekend in a nuthouse nutshell.

Girly was so excited about getting to go skating, she fell asleep on the way there. Which turned out to be good since it gave me time to clear a spot and pick up some of the garbage that was on the ice. It's an outdoor rink. I am continually disappointed in people's laziness about putting their trash in the garbage can though. It really isn't that hard, why are so many people so lazy about it?

It was absolutely worth it though. Girly had a blast. Especially when Mama zoomed her around the ice until the old cranky back threatened to quit. She moved her feet quite well and decided that she wants to go practice lots more.

After we went for lunch, came home for a potty break and grabbed the knitting stuff, we headed out to the yarn store for a hour or three. I nearly managed to finish this there and only had a half hour of knitting left when I got home. My first sweater, I wonder how long it will sit before I actually seam it. No, there is no news around here. I just wanted to start small in the sweater business.

I've had this done for a while now, but haven't been able to think of a central location that is clean, nice, has seating for at least 20 and that has a decent amount of parking spots available. Lunch on Saturday reminded me of Shoreline Pizza so, if you are around on Wednesday evenings, come on down.

Sunday was another story altogether. Saturday night Girly started running a bit of a temperature and by midnight she had a horrible cough to go with it. Poor baby. Needless to say, it was a rough night. Last night was a bit better, but still no picnic. It's going to be a long day. I'm hoping for a nap this afternoon, send sleep vibes to the children would you?

7 Comments:

  • Wait? Did you just say that was your first sweater???

    By Blogger Liz K., at 7:59 AM, March 12, 2007  

  • The baby sweater is precious! Which pattern did you lose?

    And the poster is brilliant. You really did a great job. I hope lots of people show up for your knit night Wednesday. This will be the first week, right?

    By Blogger Kristy, at 4:37 PM, March 12, 2007  

  • Cute sweater! I hope Girly is feeling better!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 PM, March 12, 2007  

  • hope girly is better soon -- i loved skating with my mom when i was wee.

    By Blogger carrie, at 9:56 PM, March 12, 2007  

  • that top picture is adorable!
    hope your girl is feeling better.

    By Blogger vanessa, at 10:00 PM, March 12, 2007  

  • It seems Girlie had such a lot of fun on the ice, how great - I do hope she's feeling better by now!
    Like you, I do have problems understanding how in all the world people always manage to get their trash not into the trash bin, but leave it right where they are/were - didn't they get any education at home or what? It sucks big time indeed!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:58 AM, March 13, 2007  

  • The ice skating sounds so wonderfully fun. I haven't skated on ice (other than slipping and sliding here recently accidentally) in many years.

    Sorry about her getting sick. I'll add my wellness vibes to the mix.

    Best to you all,
    firefly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 AM, March 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home