Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, May 04, 2007

The Good, the Bad, the Beautiful

Done one side of the handbag. It's just a little one, but I like how it is turning out and how big the pattern is compared to the over all size of the bag.

All my poor little shoots. Jezzie the alive by the skin of her teeth cat little bugger, ate all the leaves on them. They are crocuses and I'm going to dig a nice hole in the yard to throw the cat in and plant them out with the hope that they will live to bloom next year or the year after. The Hyacinth has been chewed a bit, but is doing well so far.

Meet Blue Skies Forest. It's the sock yarn in yesterday's picture of the dyed yarn. (Sorry Heather, I can't do a close up since I gave the rest of the yarn to the LYS owner yesterday at our Relay meeting)


Our Relay team is called Strike Out Cancer and we are trying to get registered online today so we can collect donations online right on the webpage. Between all of you and the Mr. hitting up the guys at work, I am at $185.00! Right on! Hopefully my postcards will get here soon so I can start selling them and really get that total on the way up.

6 Comments:

  • Very pretty colors you're using for the handbag! I can't wait to see it finished.

    I don't have plants for the reason that I had a kittie who loved to chew them. One time she ate a rose petal - swallowed it whole. Ask me how I know... Yup - came right back up - whole.

    By Blogger buttercup, at 1:56 PM, May 04, 2007  

  • Love the bag! It will be felted, no? Can't wait to see it done. I'm dinking along on my bag, but it's slow going -- finals are next week. Then I'll be a'rarin' to go!

    Also -- LOVE the dye job!! Your view has given you awesome inspiration and you executed beautifully!! It looks phenomenal!

    By Blogger Sus, at 6:30 PM, May 04, 2007  

  • Congratulations on raising so much money already, that's fantastic! And I love how your bag is coming along, very beautiful pattern and the colors look great together!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:01 AM, May 05, 2007  

  • Oh that is wonderful! You are doing so well gathering donations.
    Can't wait to see those postcards.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 12:15 PM, May 05, 2007  

  • awesome job! love the bag and seeing that you are doing so well with the donations - way to go :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM, May 06, 2007  

  • aw, think of the nice piece of green that will soon sprout out of a kitty present. she's just adding colour to her daily routine.

    nice dye job. as long as kitty doesn't eat that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 PM, May 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home