Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The trees have yarn!

I found something in the trees this morning. A pretty little bundle of goodies for me!

There is some Regia sock yarn, a pretty needle case (the lining is a rich copper material), a notions bag (so cute) and a beautiful card.

Some cashmere (Cashmere!) gloves. They are so soft and beautiful.

Finally, last and best of all, a gorgeous cashmere (Cashmere, I tell you!!) scarf based on the Bird's Nest Shawl pattern. All done by my ISE 4 scarf pal, the lovely Hila. Thank you Hila, everything is beautiful and perfect. This morning is cold enough to be able to wear a scarf and gloves too. I've never felt cashmere yarn (It's amazing!) either so this is a real treat for me.


Relay for Life Prize Alert!

I found more yarn under a tree in my yard yesterday! It is beautiful stuff! It is Briggs and Little Heritage in their 150th anniversary colour. Anniversary Twist. Beautiful colours! I bought it (it was a good deal) and figured I could make myself Wendy's Flair Jacket and have enough left over for a bag, but since I told myself not to buy anymore yarn, this kind of blows that out of the water. What to do? Why, offer it up as a prize!

So here it is, anyone who donates will be put in the pot once for every $10.00 donated. So far there are two prizes (Plassard 100% silk overdyed by me and the Anniversary Twist) with two more in the works and only the tickets drawn will be removed from the pot. If you donate $10.00 your name goes in one time, $20.00 - two times, $30.00 - three times (This means you can win more than one prize) and so on on so on.
So how may are here? 10 skeins at 196m/215yds. Enough for a good sized sweater or jacket. Recommended gauge is 17st = 10cm/4" on 5mm/US8 needles. In the sidebar under my profile is a Paypal Donate button (you can also e-mail me at knittingintothecold @ gmail . com for an address to send cheques or money orders if you'd rather). Your donation will go to pledge me in the Relay for Life to help beat cancer and hopefully find a cure for all forms of this nasty disease.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home