Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Heck to pay.

That's what you have the next day when you are not supposed to go nuts on the sugar and caffeine, but do anyway. Yesterday was spent eating lots of protein and fibre snacks to get myself back on the level with the whole healthy energy/blood sugar thing. Also finding and finishing many things that I had started, then forgotten about the day before while in the midst of the craziness.

So in lieu of knitting and or talking about knitting, I give you a bit more reinforcing the crazy to the neighbours. While standing outside in the dark, arms stretched over my head with the camera held on the top of a nearly 7' pole trying to get a not blurry picture of the moon, the neighbours pulled into their drive and their lights illuminated me in full wingnut mode. But, dammit, the moon was really cool last night. This picture doesn't do it justice. Only the bottom crescent was lit up but it was so bright you could see a shadow of the rest of the moon. As though the moon had on a pair of John Lennon style sunglasses that didn't quite cover it all up. The brain is still not quite eloquent.

"Don't expect brilliance from that one anytime soon."


This morning I woke up in a giddy mood. Still not firing on all cylinders, but foolishly happy anyway. No children but my own until Tuesday! An extra long weekend to chill out, play with Girly and to pester Apollo, Sam and Jezzy. The chores are glaring at me right now. I'm pretending I can't see them giving me the evil eye.
In the midst of getting ready to feed the pets and medicate the dog, the phone rang. Ah crap, I thought, my part-time child's father got called in and I won't get to have my day off after all. Wrong! The woman asked for me (I am sounding a little rough and manish this morning, well most mornings until I get the voice box warmed up then I just sound manish) and then told me her name. The cylinders misfired and although the name sounded very familiar I wasn't really sure if I had heard it right. I was on the verge of wiggling a finger in my ear when she said her blog name. Awesome! I was blown away and maybe a little weird. What a really cool way to start out a day. Hi! I hope I wasn't too weird for you.

Now, I must escape the house before any parents change their minds and call me up.

6 Comments:

  • Hey, we had that same moon in our backyard last night! ;) There was even a bright planet hanging around to the left...mercury? mars? venus? I'm not sure.

    Well at least you give the neighbours something to talk about.

    By Blogger Maureen, at 3:04 PM, April 20, 2007  

  • "full wingnut mode"... I lie in wait for a chance to co-opt your phrase. And it was dee-lightful chatting with you on the phone this morning. I think it's fantastic that you were so game! Not weird at all.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:23 PM, April 20, 2007  

  • I agree, the moon was amazingly cool that particular night - even here, so many miles from your place - cool enough that CM took a couple pics of it too! It was stunning indeed - and I love your pic, as well as your cute kittie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 PM, April 20, 2007  

  • My friend and I notice the moon was cool like that last night. It's a great moon pic but you're right, it doesn't capture the shadow effect. Apparently quite a few of us were able to appreciate it in person, though!

    "Full wingnut mode" -- For my own part, I know it well. Embrace it, babe!! :)

    By Blogger Sus, at 8:16 AM, April 21, 2007  

  • That's hilarious. Of course they pulled into the drive just then - why would they arrive at any other time?
    Glad you risked reinforcing the crazy to get that cool shot. That is brilliant photo.
    How fun to have another blogger just call you up like that. I am guessing that you must run home daycare or something similar -run, run before that phone rings!
    The seeds you sent arrived yesterday! I am going to get some started today - thank you very much.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 8:43 AM, April 21, 2007  

  • it's about time someone really does have spring fever.... FEVER!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:48 AM, April 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home