Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, July 16, 2007

It's all fun and games...

until someone drops a stitch. Which explains the lack of progress on the Mystery Stole. I did as much tinking as I did knitting which means I worked on it for about half a day and I'm only one row further along. Ah well, keep on plugging and eventually I'll have it finished.

I've been working on this quite a bit too. I've done a good bit of ripping and tinking, then tweaking the pattern then scrapping the pattern and writing it over. You'd think it was something big or complicated for all the fixing I've been doing. It isn't a sock. It's something else and it has a small motif of beads on it or it will if I can ever get it right.

A Ballband, because I know how much you would worry if there wasn't one on my needles.

We made it to the sheep farm and even managed to see the animals between the rain clouds.

These elk were pretty protective of their babies. Girly ran toward the fence and a few of them ran toward her until I said NO! Apparently I sounded commanding enough to bring child and elk up short. Once she started walking slowly toward the fence, they were okay but, still watchful. I'm really not that far away. Small lens on camera = make things look further away.

Baby alpaca. Cute! Mama clicked toward the pasture the whole time we were in there. Almost like she was calling for the guards to come and take the human away.

4 Comments:

  • CUTE!!!

    Oh, by the way, I've collected a fair amount of pity money to send you a consolation prize when the Hags kick Team Canada's ass next month. Do you prefer salt with your crow?!
    muwahahahahahaaha!!!
    (that's an evil laugh, not a psychotic laugh, FYI. I know they can seem so similar!)

    By Blogger Cass, at 1:56 PM, July 16, 2007  

  • Lace knitting should be called Xanax knitting!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:58 PM, July 16, 2007  

  • This little baby alpaca is ever so cute! And oy for the tinking - but I'm afraid this is what lace knitting is mostly about!;( You'll manage it eventually and the results will be so worth it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 AM, July 17, 2007  

  • i like elk. and moose. moose are elk ilk, right?

    so funny with those noses. like elephant seals. only with legs. and in canada. okay, not at all like them, but you get the picture.

    girly looking very cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 PM, July 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home