Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Something of interest.

The stole did get a line or eight. Nothing else got touched.

Something was very needy. He didn't get a walk or even get to play outside with all the pouring rain. So the Ma had to entertain the mutt, the cats and the child. Thus the lack of knitting.

I got the most interesting thing in the post the other day though. My postcards! I had originally wanted to sell these as part of my Relay for Life fundraiser, but they kept getting turned around at customs and sent back to Kristy. Fortunately she hung in there, kept trying and finally they are here! Since I had wanted them to raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society, I think I will still sell them and donate half the price to them anyway. I'll be selling these at $2.00 each (1 for me, 1 for CCS) or $6.00 (3 for me, 3 for CCS) for a set of 4 plus $2.00 for shipping (that will cover Paypal fees, an envelope and a stamp). There are 40 of each and I will be selling them until they are gone. I'll be working on getting Paypal set up and should have it ready by this afternoon.

7 Comments:

  • The stole is looking good - still scary to me, but good. :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 10:06 AM, July 11, 2007  

  • Yah, I've been doing only 4 rows in the morning & 4 at night. But then ... I don't have kids or pets needing attention. But it was the DH & my anniversary yesterday (8 years) so we went out to eat. No knitting lace while drinking wine, LOL.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 12:48 PM, July 11, 2007  

  • love the stole, keep the pics coming! Great job on the postcards too!

    By Blogger Heather, at 3:47 PM, July 11, 2007  

  • oh...

    he is very unimpressed with your decision not to walk in the rain. do i see the pink tongue tip of disdain?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 PM, July 11, 2007  

  • Holy batman!!! I can't believe you're actually using beads on the stole.... that's a lot of work! But beautiful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 PM, July 11, 2007  

  • Oh Dorothy! I am so glad the postcards arrived safely! They really are beautiful.

    Your stole is beautiful. I signed up (and convinced the owner of my LYS to sign up) but I haven't started yet. Your's is going to be lovely.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 11:29 PM, July 11, 2007  

  • These postcards look absolutely awesome, so artsy - very well done! And I can't get over how cute your doggie is, my gosh, it's very obvious that he's waiting so hard to go outside and play around a bit! What a cutie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 AM, July 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home