Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Brilliant.

I had been hoping to have today off. I didn't have any children scheduled to come this morning and was planning on getting up and taking off for the day. Girly wanted to go to the sheep farm again and I wanted to check out their yarn shop with a little more time than I had last time. Sigh. It was not to be today. My sister got called in and I am looking after her kids. Tomorrow we go to the farm, today I sook a little bit. Brilliant plan.

Yesterday on a forum, I heard tell of people using cookie sheets and magnets to help them read their lace charts more easily. I had a stroke of brilliance and got mine set up too. Much easier for sure!


Hope your day is better than mine or at least with a bit less sooking going on.

ETA: Just me retouching the chart photo. I didn't double check to see how clearly it was coming through and since it's a copyrighted photo, I should have made sure it wasn't clear enough to knit from. I apologize to Melanie and to all of you.

7 Comments:

  • I love this idea! Thanks for sharing - I'm going to have to give it a try. :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 12:32 PM, July 13, 2007  

  • Great idea!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM, July 13, 2007  

  • Sorry that there's sooking over there. I think there's sooking over here, too, though this is the first time I've seen the term.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:08 PM, July 13, 2007  

  • oooh suzanne. sook, sooking, and being a sooky la la is big in australia. men patients? big sooks. dogs didn't get an extra treat? sooky la la!

    yabigsook might be my dog's new name.

    if you get frustrated with the pattern, you can hold it up with b u g g e r or c r i k e y.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 AM, July 14, 2007  

  • Woah, what an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 AM, July 14, 2007  

  • That is brilliant! I am so using that idea.
    Thank you for sharing!
    (and using the word sook - I love rare words)

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 12:37 PM, July 14, 2007  

  • I also have to sit up to the dinning room or kitchen table to knit lace. That way I can sit up straight while reading the pattern & knitting. Much easier on the back.

    How's the MS3 coming along? It's my very first lace project.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 12:42 PM, July 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home