Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, June 06, 2008

Burnt out and Good times a' comin'.

So lately between work, life and some lovely peri-menopause symptoms, I am burnt out and utterly disorganized. I've always been a cold person and at bed time it seemed to take forever for me to warm through and go to sleep. Not anymore. I'm warm most of the time (I like this) and at night, a furnace. In winter that part will be very welcome.

Not so much now that it isn't as cold at night anymore. I wake up feeling like I haven't slept much at all and by the time I get a chance to blog, my eyes are burning with tired and my brain is sluggish and dull. Tonight isn't much different, but I said I'd say why I've been burnt out lately this time and so I have.

Life is an ever changing thing and sometimes it takes us places we aren't ready to go yet. I am very cool with going through menopause. I just wasn't ready for it to begin so darn soon! So, time to begin not trying not to have that sibling for Girly. Hopefully it will happen within the year. That should slow down my system too and put off the "Change" until I am more ready for it, I hope. If not, ah well. I'll just have to suck it up and deal. I may still whine.

Meantime, soccer continues. Here she is in goal. She was doing alright until the blackflies started swarming her. She began the "Northerner Wave" (both arms moving in circles that cross in front of the body) this didn't help much and as she brushed her hands down her face to wipe off a bug, the ball went into the goal. Tonight Girly had her first T-Ball game. She did quite well. Although she did forget why she was on Third and go wandering off to see what all the excitement was about on First. I love going to her games. She and the other children are so fun.

There has been many presentations of dandelions. I love these little beauties. I know so many people don't love them and often even hate them, but I think they are beautiful. Why insist on a plain green lawn with only a splash of colour in orderly type of places when you can have colour everywhere in a bright sunny yellow?


Tomorrow the Relay for Life! If you wish to pledge me you can click on this link. I would go the Paypal route again, but I can't afford the fees this year. Also, this way I can leave the link up until July and you can donate anytime between now and then.

Send good weather, please. The forecast is calling for Rain and Thunderstorms. The Relay goes on regardless of the weather so sun and clear skies are good! We'll even take cloudy so long as the clouds don't leak.

4 Comments:

  • Pledged! I tried to arrange a luminary, but I was too late. Thirty years ago, my maternal grandmother died of cancer. Her name was Josephine Manning.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 AM, June 06, 2008  

  • go girly! being focused is overrated at that age.

    i'm with you about the "weeds". i used to toss wild flower seeds in my yard and then mow around where they came up. big patches of tall grass and flowers. screw order.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 AM, June 08, 2008  

  • I pledged. I hope it isn't too late.

    Just did it a few minutes ago.

    ckg (aj)

    By Blogger Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo, at 9:36 AM, June 08, 2008  

  • I actually like roadsides and old lots to be filled with unmown grasses and flowers.

    Sometimes I don't even mind my lawn getting all full of clover.
    I have an issue with dandelions but I don't even know why -- inherited prejudice I guess.

    I feel badly that I checked this so late - I missed being able to pledge didn't I?
    If it's not too late let me know.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 8:53 PM, June 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home