Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Fireworks, Knitting and Weirdly Cool.

The Canada Day fireworks (day after - due to rain) were spectacular this year. Our firefighters did an amazing job with them.

The sky was lit up with a lot of the classic fireworks and even a few I haven't seen before.

Girly didn't notice much due to covering her ears and burying herself as far into Mama as possible. Although I thought I saw her take a peek or two. Poor sweet. She really doesn't like things too loud. Fireworks photos courtesy of the Mr. My arms were busy with the comforting thing.

Pity too since she missed quite a bit. These were my favourites of the night. Who knows, maybe next year Girly will be able to find it in herself to look up and watch even if she does have her ears covered. If not, it's all good. Mama gets a good 1/2 hour to 3/4 hour of snuggle time this way.

At home, the needles have been busy too. I've nearly finished the baby sweater I started eons ago. My friend is due in a couple of weeks and I need to get this done so she can have it! I've got a lot of scarves on the needles. Why, I don't really know, but I seem unable to knit much else lately. The pink one is Daintier Chevron from Barbara Walker Treasury II the other is Pillar & Web also from Treasury II. I really like how it takes a drapey yarn and gives it a lot of body. There has been more knitting than this going on around here, but I am hoping for a sunny day with no where to go so I can take some good photos. Of course a sunny day, period, wouldn't be turned down!

Although the rain has brought out a pretty weird but cool thing. This little handprint showed up on our front step on June 27th. We can't figure out what Girly could have gotten into that would make a completely dry handprint on a wooden step. Sunscreen doesn't quite explain this. It had rained a good bit before we noticed it too.

Plenty of stormy days and some plain out rainy days...

... the odd hot and sunny/hot and cloudy days here and there...

... and it's still there today. I took this during some light rain. This isn't the best photo of it. The rain is beading off the handprint and is soaking into the rest of the step. I am taking it as a sign that it's time to try and have a baby. I'm really not sure what else to think of it yet other than "Weird, cool, but weird."

3 Comments:

  • The baby knitting is sweet! Scarves are a nice, mindless but still productive kind of knit - I always turn to a scarf when I'm tired, or just plain busy. :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 9:30 PM, July 09, 2008  

  • aw poor kiddo. they used to scare me, too. the boom felt so close.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 AM, July 10, 2008  

  • Eerie handprint! Poor, Girly and the fireworks! Sometimes fireworks are prettier from inside of the car!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 PM, July 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home