Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Going, Down?

The water, while still high is slowly beginning to go down. The beaches are reappearing and we are enjoying them as much as we can without getting too raisin-y.

The seeds are ripening and now and then a hint of fall can be felt in the air.

We are keeping Girly as occupied as possible for her last summer as a pre-schooler. Our annual Blueberry Festival is helping. Here she is being entertained by the local mascot, Blueberry Bert.

Here she is with a ton of excited children ready for the ride on the fire truck. My Girly doesn't much care for loud noises, but she loved this ride.

There was a sale on at a nearby greenhouse and someone took a shine to the little yellow flowers on the sides. So to keep Momma occupied, we designed a pretty for our house.

I have startitis so bad right now that I could show you a ton of knitting type stuff, but most of it is less than an inch or two. The one thing that is nearly finished I don't want to show off until it's done. Maybe I'll get a chance to do a bit more since I am taking a stay-cation for two weeks starting next week. I can't wait until Friday!

2 Comments:

  • oooh, startitis. so tempted by pretty things. just started a blueberry embroidery thing. i should call themall berts.

    girly growing up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:02 AM, August 07, 2008  

  • Fall?? How nice...
    I have the worst startitis too but I am forcing myself to not until I finish what I am doing.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 10:22 AM, August 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home