Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ark Wanted.

So it's been raining and pouring some more. There haven't been many days or nights this summer without any rainfall. The hand print is hanging in there, but fading now. This was taken on Friday (the 18th).

Saturday was a fairly decent day so we ran some errands in the nearby town. This is an underground spring. I remember stopping here when I was Girly's age for a nice cold drink of water. There are years when it is quite dry that the water is just a small stream coming out of the pipe. This is one of those years where the cover over the top of the spring is bursting water nearly all the way around.

Our back yard is looking much like it does right after the snow melts on a year with a lot of snow. The lakes are extremely high. I wanted to go out this afternoon and take some pictures of the local docks and walkway under water, but guess what.

It was raining this afternoon.

One thing the rain does bring about is indoor time to knit. The baby sweater is now finished. I used a baby pattern with a collar and just didn't knit it as long as the pattern called for then, made up the difference with a cabled band knit separately and sewn on. I really like how it turned out and the buttons (from my LYS) are the perfect finishing touch.

This sweater (Strax - Lopi 25) started so long ago had been out of hibernation too. I took it out, looked it over and decided that since the Mr. has lost so much weight (he went from a 43" waist to a 32" waist - just stopped eating junk and drinking Diet sodas), it isn't going to fit him anymore.

Also, I never liked this obvious change in direction that going from knitting through the back loop in the round to knitting through the back loop flat made. I really need to remember to wrap my yarn differently to avoid this.

So, you know what happened next. I refuse to waste perfectly good yarn on something that will look like crap once done. I will cast on again, I just need to find a smaller cable needle this time and remember to wrap differently. Must remember that.

5 Comments:

  • I am SO jealous. It was 103 today and incredibly dry! Send a little rain this way please!

    By Blogger Hoban Family, at 11:31 PM, July 20, 2008  

  • I adore the baby sweater it's absolutely precious. As for the hubby sweater; I see what you mean. Amazing how a little thing like alternating purl rows can make such a vast difference.

    By Blogger RobynR, at 1:43 PM, July 21, 2008  

  • wow, are you sure you get snow? are you sure you live where it's cold?

    and look at girlie having the time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 PM, July 21, 2008  

  • Love the baby sweater, and can't wait to see what you make from the Lopi now!

    By Blogger Sus, at 6:19 AM, July 23, 2008  

  • Rain. I remember rain. And in the summer rain is supposed to be warm and comforting--my kids, raised near San Francisco where it doesn't rain all summer and where the rain is always foggy-cold, totally don't get that. But I remember rain, the way rain is supposed to be in the summer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM, August 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home