Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, October 31, 2008

A Happy Halloween

Someone got to be Daphne Blake from Scooby Doo. This is a version of her dress in some of the cartoon episodes. I figured it would be the easiest. Not sure why now, All that trim was a heck of a lot of sewing! Yep, I made this and I am very pleased with how well I did considering I haven't sewn anything since I decided that Home Economics was not the class for me. Of course, I got partway through and figured what the heck, why not buy a sewing machine!

My stab at Martha Stewart type decorating. I printed a few pictures of bats and ghost drawings off the internet, cut them out and taped them to a tree. No worries, this is one of the trees that are growing along the back of the trailer and have to come out when we redo the siding and skirting to prevent them from ruining the new siding.

The Mr. carved his very first pumpkin. This is the first Halloween since we've been together that he has been off work and able to do it. Before that, he just never had one. A house full of single guys don't usually bother with decorating and handing out candy.

We used Girly's school projects to decorate our windows. She liked that idea and so did we.

Sadly, no kids came around (not a popular area for trick or treating) and I have a few left overs to eat get rid of before Christmas comes.

Hope all of you had a fun Halloween!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home