Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Feel the love/luck.

So I never did get a scarf from my original pal in International Scarf Exchange 6 and got a very generous angel instead. My angel was someone I already "know" the lovely Kathleen and this is the amazing package I received from her. Along with a gorgeously soft scarf, she sent me two skeins of the yarn with which it was made. Perfect since I just got a copy of Vogue Knitting with the Green Autumn (Ravelry link) mittens featured on the cover. The yarn will be perfect for them. She also included some Altoids mints (one tin is chocolate covered, so good!) and a baby toddler sock pattern. There's a bookmark but, it isn't in the photo since I'm already using it to mark the mitten pattern in my magazine. It has the perfect saying on it; "The best part of waking up is knitting and a cup." with a picture of a teapot, teacup, and tin of Tetley Tea beside a lace project.

The pink yarn is Cascade Yarns merino/nylon sock yarn and it feels amazing! The beads are perfect since I signed up for Mystery Stole 4. The rainbow yarn made my Girly very happy too since she's been asking for a rainbow top and I haven't been able to find a yarn I like and want to use. Now I have some. Girly also loved the colouring book and crayons.

The scarf is the cream of the package though. Luxuriously soft and I love the colours! Thank you Kathleen! You are a beautifully thoughtful woman and I appreciate how much time and effort you put into this angel package for me.

Kathleen had sent me some sunflower seeds (Hope's grandbabies) earlier this year but the poor things drown in all the rain we got in June and July. Which is why there haven't been any pictures of lovelies in my weedpatch garden.

Now that our local Blueberry Festival is over, the local businesses have been drawn the winners for their prizes and I won the Bank of Montreal's prize. Pretty darn good one at that. Everything is blue and or blueberry even the BBQ sauce (really good). It came in a basket, but that got repurposed right away.

I also won 2nd in the Blueberry Muffin bake-off category. Girly is quite happy with the prizes especially since she did help with the mixing of the muffins. There was another thing with these but, it was opened and taken away to be used right away. So I had to go outside to get a picture of it.

Here it is. Gigantic sidewalk chalk. Girly had a ball decorating the sidewalk with them.

4 Comments:

  • I'm sorry you missed out from your pal, but so glad Kathleen stepped up for you! What a beautiful scarf! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 1:17 PM, August 13, 2008  

  • I have two scraggly sunflowers growing myself. Had twelve starts. Meant to take pictures. One of the two remaining bent over in the wind and rain one day. Before I could straighten it up and hope it re-rooted, it re-rooted itself bent!

    I'll send more seeds if I get any and you can try the NEXT generation! :)

    By Blogger Kathleen, at 1:34 PM, August 13, 2008  

  • What a great angel! Stinks you got left out but she saved the day! How is the Cascade? I've been eyeing it.
    You have a slew of great prizes and gifts today to show off!!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 2:11 PM, August 13, 2008  

  • Ohh Altoids! Is it odd that my first thought was "I love those tins for notions!"?
    It looks like you've had a lovely week for goodies... I think I'm going to go and get some (Quebec) blueberries out of the freezer now.

    By Blogger RobynR, at 8:35 PM, August 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home