Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Holy Pictures, Batman!

First thing this morning. It's about 7:10am and dawn is just beginning. That is frost everywhere.

It's a little more visible on the car.

It must be a hard frost since the sun is rising and it still hasn't melted. First frosts are usually gone by the time the sun gets to about here.

Judy has started Walk with me Wednesdays. I'm going to participate sometimes, but when the mercury drops too far, I don't leave the house unless I absolutely have to. So here is today's walk.

The Tamarack at the end of the drive is beginning to turn yellow. Soon it will drop it's needles and look kind of cool against the snow. Which probably isn't too far off now.

The beginning. We walked to the end of this road and back. We live on a dead end road outside of town with about 10 other couples/families. So it's a pretty good place to walk with children.

The end of the road.

We look to the left and to the right, but the dog yanked on the leash at the optimal moment and the right side was not a good picture.

We turned to go back.

The fruits of our labours. These tiny little pink and purple flowers are tough. The frost this morning didn't do a thing to them.


I couldn't load anymore pictures to this post, so I'll put the yarn pictures up later.

4 Comments:

  • Wow, thanks for sharing these most amazing fall pics! The first ones look bloody cold though, argh! We have fall over here since yesterday only, before it we were still right in the middle of summer. Now it rained heavily, on the mountains it snowed over night - but fortunately there's no frost around yet. Oy. *Shiver*
    But the rest of the pics you shared - they're so beautiful, that's exactly why I love fall so much, the changing of the colors never ceases to amaze me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 AM, October 05, 2006  

  • Frost already! I love fall, it's my favourite time of year. I've been telling my friends who just moved here from New Zealand all about Thanksgiving. They are excited about their first winter. Little do THEY know!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:34 AM, October 05, 2006  

  • Beautiful pics too :) We can wait for yarn... a little while....

    By Blogger Spinner, at 11:31 AM, October 05, 2006  

  • Ahh! I love the frost. Thanks for sharing. People here are breaking out the winter coats because it got down to 60 and rained over night. Yes, the Californians: they have weather issues. I will be watching closely for more fall/winter pictures and living vicariously through you. :)

    By Blogger Kristy, at 11:54 AM, October 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home