Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I really love a nice soft wool or alpaca, but I'm not a fibre snob by any means.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Two vases (tall for straights, short for DPN's and hooks) and various UFO's around the house.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for one year and I think I have managed to advance to intermediate so far.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I already own:
Stitch 'n' Bitch - The Knitter's Handbook - Debbie Stoller
The Portable Crafter - Knitting - Leanne Bennett
Knitting Rules! - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Last Minute Knit Gifts - Joelle Hoverson
Mason * Dixon Knitting - Kay Gardiner/Anne Shayne
and some older books and various magazines, but that's all the new books I own. I am wishing for way too many to try to manage a Wish List.


5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Between the Girly and the weekday boy, the cats, the dog and the night shift Mr., I have no real time for baths. Candles are a hazard waiting to become a disaster. Shower Gel make me happy though. Some nice citrus or ocean scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
No sweet tooth for candy, but I do love a nice dark chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am getting up the nerve to try out the spindle I just got. I will spin someday soon. I recently managed some basic crochet, but prefer knitting. I do like to make my own stitch markers and knitting needles so beads are welcome. Wood and glass are preferable, but I like some plastic beads too. I also love to dye yarn.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My computer and stereo can play MP3's, but my car can't. I would love some classical, opera, blues, jazz and swing. I love Newfoundland music and have quite a few MP3's from the last round. I don't have much for the car other than Rex Goudie and the lastest Great Big Sea, though.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love jewel tones. I'm a strawberry blond with pink undertones to my skin. No pinks, bright reds, oranges or yellows for me. Girly loves pink though so if that gets sent, it will get used. Most other colours are perfect.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a husband, a soon to be three year old girl, two cats, a dog and a goldfish. I also have a little boy that comes during the week and occaisionally my soon to be four year old niece.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
No ponchos please. They are nice and many are pretty, but they drive me up the wall with the getting in the way and the falling off of their hangers. I love scarves, hats and mitts, which is good since they are a necessity up here.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like knitting purses, bags, scarves and dishcloths. Although there isn't much I won't try at least once.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Three scarves, two dishcloths, a pair of Thrum Mitts, a baby afgan, a patchwork style afgan and a purse. Oy.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Love It So So Much. Knitting, crochet, it's all good.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I've been using short straights (I have some 7", but no 10") and circulars (I don't have very many of those) for the most part. I prefer DPN's for knitting small things in the round and am liking using circulars for nearly everything else. I've been having some trouble with the weather changes this year so I'm using mostly wood, bamboo or plastic now.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I don't own either and I would cry tears of happiness if a ball winder showed up on my doorstep. I use a spinning office chair for a swift.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Nearly one year.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, it's so pretty with all the lights and shiny, sparkly dingly-ball stuff (as the Mr. calls ornaments and collectables) on trees and houses.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any knitting magazine subscriptions. I like [Vogue Knitting, Better Homes and Gardens - Knit It, Interweave Knits, Knitter's Magazine (Knitting Universe) Available in most of Canada], Sandra (European - English version, please) and Yarn (Australian).

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Knitting sweaters and tops, writing lace patterns and reading charts accurately.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet. I'm getting there. I wear a ladies size 8 (North American sizing), have high arches and prefer a fairly tight fitting sock.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
December 06.

4 Comments:

  • Thanks for sharing these answers - it's always so interesting getting a little sneak peek into others' preferences!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:28 AM, October 03, 2006  

  • oooh, i'm a dark chocolate person, too.
    and what thrum mitten pattern are you using?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:11 PM, October 03, 2006  

  • I have to admit a ballwinder changed my life! WIll get you matched soon. /hostessnic

    By Blogger Nic, at 5:52 PM, October 03, 2006  

  • Hello! Just stopping by to let you know you have a secret pal! I will come back another evening when I have more time to read.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 PM, October 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home