Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Jack Frost has arrived.

I was going to do the "Ten Knitterly Things about Me" meme that Grumperina got going, but I'm running short on time so I'll do it either later tonight or tomorrow.

My Saturday Sky today. It's cloudy, cool and threatening to rain. The leaves are bright and beautiful though.

Jack Frost has been twice and my girls are feeling the cold. Poor things. Nexus won't make it to delivery since her seeds need more sun and heat to ripen properly. So I have taken off the wind chime and she will give sustenance to the birds on their way south. A good thing for her to do.

Autumn didn't even make it beyond the pollen stage since the bees and wasps have died and the queens are in hibernation.

Wish is wistfully remembering those warm and sunny days.

My girl Saturday has lost her bloom. Proof of how fast beauty fades.

3 Comments:

  • It's always a bit sad to see them come to their finish, eh? I feel very bad for my own garden - I missed the last batch of peas, and the last few zuchinnis, and have lost them to Mr. Frost.

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:20 AM, September 30, 2006  

  • Oops, that sky looks scary - better to be safe inside, preferably snuggled up on the couch with some knitting ;)
    So sorry to see the sunflowers fade away, how sad this time of year is with nature dying on us ;(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:37 PM, September 30, 2006  

  • i know this is the ritual. spring summer autumn winter, but still. it's sad. especially as you've named the girls. how many did you have in total?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:29 PM, October 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home