Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Fits and Starts.

That describes my knitting progress. Knit a little, wander off and clean/fold/sort/put away/throw out stuff, rip some knitting, knit some more, wander off go for a walk/run errands, tink some knitting, knit some more ...

Although there was much tinking and ripping and fixing of mis-crossed cables, I have gotten to the point where I can put away the chart for this and just eyeball what needs to be done. That doesn't mean I'm getting it right, just that I know what I did wrong right away. Now four more repeats and then onto the body pieces.

Yesterday the light was coming in just right and although my knitting spot is rarely organized or tidy, it just struck me as a really nice place to sit. There is just something about a big ball of chunky yarn that seems so comfortable. Of course a pillow, blanket and purring cat don't hurt the image either.

The little Mr. was sick yesterday so it was just Girly and I hanging out. That meant all kinds of things to do that just aren't a good idea with two or three competitive only children. Apollo approved of having another pair of hands to scratch his ears.

"Hey, watch the manicure, lady."

6 Comments:

  • Variation is nice, isn't it? The cable project is going to be a stunner.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 AM, March 28, 2007  

  • I do that too. I'm always amazed at the volume of knitting some people seem to get done in one day. I just can't focus that long. Easily distracted Sus strikes again! :)

    Your cables seem to have emerged from the wormhole in fine form! Beautiful!

    By Blogger Sus, at 9:01 AM, March 28, 2007  

  • The cables are looking awesome, and your knitting spot looks so cozy! :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:09 AM, March 28, 2007  

  • I wish I was sitting and knitting myself right now. Aaahhh, your spot looks nice, but I'd be apt to curl up and take a nap, LOL.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:53 PM, March 28, 2007  

  • Your knitting spots seems so cozy and comfortable - perfect, I'd say ;) I'm with Rhonda here too right now though - I'd curl up there too and have a nap ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 AM, March 29, 2007  

  • i agree with ms doodle. it's a cozy looking spot.
    glad you're out of that funk, now go and make the kitty do some crunches!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:48 PM, March 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home