Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Wormhole Central here.

Anyone know how to chase off the wormhole? Apparently it really likes it around here. See this? It's a mess. Not only did I make a mess of the cables, but I managed to forget which side is the right side and which is the wrong side. Apparently when following charts, that matters.

The result, start over.

Anyone see what's wrong here? Mmm-hm. When cabling without a cable needle, it is very easy to forget the construction of a cable and make a mess of it. This is on the front of the vest right across a zipper from the other end. So out it comes, again. Wormhole = yarn goes in, crap comes out. I hope today is even a little better. It would be nice to be able to keep some of the knitting, knit.


The snow is melting fast and the birds are coming back. There are all kinds of little ones chirping around in the bush. Yay!

Tree buds though are still pretty closed.


This bud looks ready to open. It's on the southwest side of the house. So if I stay on that side, spring will come sooner.

There are little blades of new grass under here too. Of course I'm not sure if this is new growth or last year's grass that got caught in the snow so soon it just didn't turn brown. I'm choosing to believe that it's new growth.

I like the pineapple look these trees get.


Thank you on the compliments about my yarn dyeing yesterday. It was done with food dye, powdered citric acid and vinegar. There is a great tutorial on how to do it here. Although my skeins are nowhere near that long.

Sky photo #8 won the most votes so it goes in the queue. I am working on the project and hopefully getting somewhere with it.

Know what else wormholes make you do? They make you put this post on the wrong blog. Instead of posting to your very own personal blog, you will put posts on your group blog. The biggest one you are in. Then they will make you forget that you should click on Edit Post instead of View Post before you copy and paste so that you lose all your picture and link data. You will also Delete Post before you remember that little tidbit of easy moving stuff around. That way you can do things the hard way.

7 Comments:

  • Do you remember that song that goes, "My mama said there would be days like this / would be days like this / my mama said" This post made me think of that song. I hope your wormhole moves on quickly. I think we have all had days - weeks - like that that nothing seems to knit up quite right and everything takes 10 times the effort it should.

    On a happier note, I posted all of the Spring pictures I took for you.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 10:34 AM, March 27, 2007  

  • Blame it on the Winter Solstice/Vernal Equinox transitory period. Your knitting prowess and apparently, blog posting prowess have been effected by the ecliptic intersecting of the celestial sphere. Thus the worm hole, black hole, blog hole.

    Not to worry though, just as the buds form on the trees, so too shall your knitting and blogging strengths return to you.

    Either that or you need a stiff belt of Newfoundland screech... ;)

    By Blogger Maureen, at 12:21 PM, March 27, 2007  

  • Shame about the wormhole. Hopefully it has moved on by now, just so long as it doesn't come and sit on MY lap.
    Love your photo's.

    By Blogger Sue H, at 1:03 PM, March 27, 2007  

  • i know there's not a lot of surf where you are (unless the puddle is really deep and the girly is splashing hard), but perhaps you can just accept being tossed around a bit and enjoy the messes. start over if you must, but just find the humour in it. eventually the tides change, weather calms, blahs leave. but don't get discouraged.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 PM, March 27, 2007  

  • I'm sorry about your difficulties. I can totally relate. Some days I'm pleased to just get out the house with pants on. :)

    By Blogger Sus, at 7:19 PM, March 27, 2007  

  • BOy I hope that wormhole moves sometime soon! I thought that they had only the briefest of windows? Ah well.
    Hope the cabling goes more smoothly for you.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 9:09 PM, March 27, 2007  

  • I *so* hear you about the cabling without cable needle and messing things up totally then - I've been there too and ... well... argh! But the next try will be the perfect one for you, I'm sure about that!
    Fantastic pics as always!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 AM, March 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home